Chapter forty-two

Brea and Jacob pulled up to Emily's house....the whole pack rushed outside to greet them.

"Quil, you too?" Brea asked.

"Yep! Finally made the pack," Quil laughed.

"I'm glad you're here Brea. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue," Embry smirked.

"I wish the Swan sisters would call....mostly Brea. No wait! Bella," Paul laughed.

"I wish they wouldn't call," Jared giggled.

"Maybe I should call them....but maybe I should call Brea and apologize. No I shouldn't," Embry smiled.

"Maybe I should call Brea and then hang up....and try and call Bella," Quil laughed.

Everyone laughed, while Brea shook her head.... A young woman walked out, glaring at Brea.

"All right! You can all shut up now! Brea, this is Leah Clearwater. Harry's daughter," Jacob said.

"So you are the girl who can turn into a wolf? But if you are here to torture Jacob some more, then you need to leave...he doesn't need that, you can also tell your sister as well," Leah frowned.

Leah shifted into a wolf and raced off...Brea stared off in the direction where she ran off, Brea couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl.

"Fun, isn't she?" Jacob asked.

"No. but she has been through so much...she just needs time. So when did she join the pack?" Brea asked...still staring off in the distance.

"Around when her dad died. Her brother, Seth, also shifted. He's only fifteen! One of the youngest we've had. Sam keeps him home studying but he's chompin at the bit. I wish it was me who stayed at home," Jacob sighed.

"Come on! Don't be such a guy," Brea laughed, playfully punching him in the arm.

"No, I-It's not a chick thind. It's, uh...you know, a triangle thing. We all have to live with Sam, Emily pain fest. Wolf telepathy remember," Jacob said.

"Wait! So Sam dumped Leah for Emily?" Brea asked.

"No, it wasn't like that. Sam hates himself for hurting Leah, but Emily was the one, It's more than some crush Brea. Sam imprinted on Emily." Jacob sighed.

"Tell me more," Brea replied.

"Imprinting on someone is like...like when you see her, everything changes. All of a sudden it's not gravity holding you on the planet, it's her. Nothing else matters. You would do anything, be anything for her," Jacob said, looking at Brea.

"Sounds like you know the feeling. Have you imprinted on someone?" Brea asked.

"Yo-Bella....I'd just have a direct line to Sam's thoughts," Jacob said.

"So for now you're still you?" Brea asked.

"You're still you," Jacob smiled.

"Take a walk with me," Brea sighed, walking away from Emily's house.

They both stopped along the side of the beach...watching the huge waves crash againist the large rocks.

"Until graduation. You knew this was going to happen," Brea sighed.

"Not in a month! I mean not before you....you've even lived. Or before I could..." Jacob growled.

"Jacob...you can't be mad," Brea sighed.

"For a second, just a second I thought...but he's got his hooks in you so deep," Jacob snapped.

"I've decided this NOT him," Brea growled.

"Brea, they aren't even alive! He makes me sick. Better you really be dead than one of them," Jacob snapped.

"WOW! FUCK YOU JACOB! Edward was right, I shouldn't have come. Take me home! NOW!" Brea yelled.

"Brea, come on. Please, I'm sorry," Jacob sighed.

"NO! YOU DON'T GET TO YELL AT ME THEN APOLOGIZE! I thought you were my best friend but I was wrong...forget it I'll walk home," Brea snapped.

"You can't walk home...It's getting dark," Jacob said.

Brea stared at him....feeling her anger grow, she felt her body shake...knowing she was about to shift.

"I think I'll manage," Brea repiled.

Brea turned away and ran off....a loud growl escaped her mouth, as she threw her head back...she threw her body forwarded and soon enough, she was on all fours. Brea ran through the woods...everything flew past her, within a couple of minutes she was at her house. She stalked along the trees... sensing something, a strange presence in her house.... someone she wasn't familiar with.

Suddenly Bella's truck pulled up along side of the house, Brea quickly shifted into her human form and raced towards her sister.

"Bella!" Brea called out.