Chapter eleven

Brea laid in bed....thinking. She climbed out of bed, walking to the mirror. Looking at herself, worry knitting her brow.

"About two things I was absolutely sure about. One, Edward was a vampire! Two, there was a part of that thirsted for my blood," Brea paused... staring at herself.

"And I think I may be in love with him, so I guess maybe that's three things," Brea smiled.

She heard something outside of her window, she rushes to see what it was...but ran into her desk. She made her way to the window and saw Edward leaning against his car, looking up at her with a small smile. She waved at him and turned around and quickly getting dressed.

                         *******************

Edward helped Brea balance while walking across an enormous fallen pine tree in the moss covered forest.

"H-How long have you been like this?" Brea asked.

"Since 1918. That's when Carlisle found me," Edward said.

"Where'd he find you?" Brea asked.

"In a hospital, dying of Spanish influenza. My parents had already died," Edward sighed.

"What was it like?" Brea questioned.

"The word excruciating comes to mind. But what Carlisle did was much harder and much worse...not many of us have the restraint to do that," Edward said.

"Doesn't it take a bite?" Brea asked.

"No, Our bite contains venom. And once we taste blood, a sort of... frenzy begins. It's almost impossible to stop," Edward replied.

"But Carlisle did," Brea said.

"First with me, then with his wife, Esme. He found her in a hospital as well," Edward stated.

"Does someone have to be dying to become like you?" Brea asked.

They both walk along the coastline....

"No, that's just Carlisle. He would never do...this, to someone who had another choice," Edward said.

"So Carlisle's the reason why you hunt animals, instead of people," Brea said.

"Not the only reason," Edward replied.

He stopped walking, he looked down at her, serious with emotion.

"I don't want to be a monster," Edward sighed.

Brea nodded...understanding. He smiled.

"We call ourselves vegetarians by the way...for our kind, hunting animals is like living on tofu. It keeps you strong but isn't very satisfying," Edward said.

All of sudden, he whipped past Brea. She turned to see him standing up on a large rock in the river.

"Show off!" Brea laughed.

"It's not that impressive, really. Anyone in my family can do this," Edward smiled.

"Can they read minds, just like us?" Brea asked.

"No! That's unique to us. But Alice can see the future," Edward smiled.

"Really? Bet she saw me coming a mile away," Brea smirked.

"Her visions are very subjective. The future can change," Edward said.

                         ***************

Brea filled up a bucket with water, she grabbed a rag and started cleaning her bike.

"Come to my house tomorrow!" Edward smiled.

"WHAT! Your house? With your family? Are you sure?" Brea paused, a shock expression on her face.

Edward nodded.

"But...wh-what if they don't like me? I mean I've hung out with your siblings...but now they must hate me," Brea continued.

"You're worried, not because you'll be in a houseful of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" Edward laughed.

"I'm glad I amuse you," Brea smirked.

Suddenly his laughter died, as he hears something.

"What is it?" Brea asked.

"A complication," Edward sighed.

A black car comes into the view, and pulled up.

Edward placed a kiss on Brea's head and walked towards his car.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow," Edward smiled, getting in his car and driving away.

Bella quickly appeared by Brea, with a huge grin on her face.

"You guys are so cute!" Bella said, walking up towards Brea.

Two familiar faces appeared in Brea's and Bella's sight.

"Jacob! Billy!" Brea smiled.

Jacob smiled, while helping his dad out of their car.

"Come to visit your truck?" Bella asked.

"Looks good. You still need to get that dent out," Jacob laughed.

"Actually, We came to visit your flat screen. First Mariners game of the season...Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to come see you both," Billy laughed.

"Great, Dad. Thanks!" Jacob said, looking mortified.

They all turned when Charlie's cruiser pulled up, he climbed out and was holding two six packs.

"Pale ale," Charlie smiled.

They all walked inside. Charlie quickly puts the game on, everyone takes a seat.

"Any luck with the Waylon case?" Billy asked.

"Found a footprint out at the crime scene today. A bare human footprint," Charlie sighed.

Brea turned to look at Billy, who had a disturbed look on his face...She looked over at Bella who looked horrified.

"A person did that?" Bella questioned.

"A crazy person, walking around barefoot this time of year," Jacob said.

"Spread the word out at the Rez, will ya? Keep the kids out of the woods," Charlie replied.

"Will do. Don't want anyone else getting hurt," Billy said, staring at Brea.

Brea looked down at her hands...trying to make it seem like she knew nothing.

"I-I have homework to do! Let me know who wins," Brea sighed, standing up and rushing out of the room.

Later that night, Brea was staring up at the ceiling....getting nervous about meeting Edward's family. She heard a gentle knock on her door, she sat up and saw Bella...standing in her door way.

"I can't believe someone is killing all of these people," Bella sighed.

"I-I'm meeting Edward's family," Brea said, changing the subject.

Bella looked at Brea, knowing she was hiding something. But quickly shook it off.

"When am I gonna be able to meet him?" Bella asked.

Brea looked out the window.

"Hopefully soon!" Brea smiled.

Bella looked around Brea's room...and saw a small blue book resting on her desk. She knew when Brea left tomorrow, she was gonna sneak around and find answers.... figure out what her sister was hiding.