Chapter fourteen

They quickly pull up to the Cullen's house. Edward, Alice and Emmett walked Brea and Bella up to the house, Edward pulled Brea into his chest when Laurent walked out of the door... Alice and Emmett immediately took defensive positions but Dr. Cullen appeared, putting his hand up.

"He came to warn us! About James," Dr. Cullen said.

They back off slightly.

"I've grown tired of his game, but he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years.....and the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her," Laurent sighed.

Dr. Cullen nodded.

Laurent looked at Edward and Brea, apologetic.

"I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here," Laurent said.

The side door bursts open... Edward, Brea, Bella and the Cullen's enter a large garage. Everyone but Rosalie springs into action, opening cupboards for supplies and extra batteries. They quickly load up the vehicles.

"I've had to fight our kind before! We're hard to kill," Jasper spoke up.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up," Edward said.

"We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces," Emmett smiled.

"This is insane! You all should not put yourselves in danger for us," Bella said.

"Bella," Brea whispered.

"Too late! Although I don't have a problem with Brea, it's you... Bella!" Rosalie snapped.

Bella jumped....moving behind Brea.

"I'll run Brea and Bella south, while you lead the tracker away," Edward replied, grabbing two sets of keys.

"No, Edward...The tracker thinks you won't leave Brea. He'll follow you," Dr. Cullen said.

"I'll go with Brea and Bella! Jasper and I will drive her south! I'll keep her safe! I'll keep them both safe," Alice smiled.

"Can you try and keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward asked.

Alice nodded.

Edward opened one of Brea's suitcase and handed Esme and Rosalie a couple of jackets.

"Esme, Rosalie, put these one so the tracker will pick up Brea's scent," Edward said.

"I like Brea, I really do! But why should I? What is she to me? Just a danger you've inflicted on us," Rosalie growled.

Brea dropped her head...Rosalie noticed that her words hurt her, she instantly regretted them.

"Rosalie! Brea is with Edward. She's a part of this family now and we protect our family," Dr. Cullen sighed, squeezing Edward's shoulder.

Edward walked over to Brea....taking a few moments with her.

"If you get hurt, I swear to god..." Brea said but was cut off.

"We-I won't, there's five of us and two of them! When it's done, I'll come get you and Bella," Edward replied.

Edward pulled her closer, looking deeply into her eyes.

"You are my life now!" Edward smiled, pulling her in for one last hug.

Brea pulled away... and looking up at Edward.

"Kiss me....Kiss me as if this is goodbye," Brea thought.