Chapter eighty-four

Just as the sun was setting, the temperature dropped rapidly.... Edward and the Vampires gathered outside of the tent that was set up for the twins.

Brea held both kids close to her... taking in their scent.

In her hand she held a book, reading to them.... just as they were about asleep, Brea moved slowly.

"Momma... is it our fault Auntie Alice left?" Meadow asked.

"No honey," Brea sighed.

Brea reached into her pocket and pulled out a locket.... handing it to Meadow.

"When we are apart... just look at this," Brea smiled, kissing Meadows head.

Meadow yawned and curled up against her brother.... both falling asleep quickly.

Brea crawled out of the tent and walked over to Edward.... placing one of her hands in his back pocket and the other on his chest.

"Brea?" Edward asked, looking down at her.

"Yes?" Brea questioned.

"I want to thank you... for everything! From the moment I saw you, I loved you. You've given me everything! Your love, children and your life.... I will fight for us until I am no longer alive," Edward smiled.

"Edward.... You have nothing to thank me about, you've given me everything! Immortality.... Our beautiful kids and your love," Brea said.

Brea moved her hands around his neck.... pulling him in. Her lips hovered over his. As soon as their lips touched she moved her hands up into his hair.... Edward pulled her closer, not wanting to let go.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat.

They pulled away and started laughing.

"Brea? Do you mind if I sit with the twins?" Esme asked.

Brea laughed.

"Esme... you don't have to ask, they are your grandchildren," Brea replied.

"I know... but I didn't know if you wanted them all to yourself," Esme sighed.

Brea motioned Esme to the tent... and watched as she crawled inside.

                                *****

As the night grew longer... the snow started to fall. Benjamin used his gift and started a fire.... the group of vampires gathered around, telling stories.

Brea stood a few feet from them.... looking around.

All of a sudden she heard footsteps off in the distant.... she looked over at Edward, who was staring at her. Concern filled his eyes.

The footsteps got closer.... and within minutes Jacob and Bella appeared.

"Bella? You can't be here," Brea sighed.

"Why not?" Bella asked.

"Because there's a bunch of hungry vampires here.... Who drink human blood," Brea replied.

"They won't hurt me! Jake imprinted on me," Bella smiled.

Brea's face lit up with excitement.

"Oh my goodness! Congratulations," Brea smiled.

Bella yawned.

"The twins are in that tent... I'm sure they'll share some blankets with you," Brea replied.

Bella nodded and walked over to the tent... Disappearing.