Chapter thirty-three

"Alice, what's wrong?" Brea asked.

"Edward." Alice whispered.

"What about him? What happened?" Brea questioned, fear filled her entire body.

"I saw him in a vision! He thinks you're dead," Alice sighed.

"That was him calling, not Carlisle," Brea frowned, looking over at Jacob.

"Brea, he wants to die too!" Alice said.

Without even thinking...Brea raced upstairs and packed her bag, quickly grabbing her passport and rushed outside.

"Why do you have to go?" Jacob asked.

"Because I love him! He won't believe Alice, he has to know that I'm alive," Brea growled, giving Jacob a dirty look.

"What about your dad and Bella?" Jacob asked.

"I already texted Bella...telling her I'm going to be with a friend for a couple of days," Brea sighed.

"You Cullens might hunt animals but those monsters in Italy don't," Jacob growled.

"Very much aware of that," Alice frowned.

"Then why are you taking Brea to them like a bottle of wine to a party?" Jacob asked.

"Right! She's so much better off here with Victoria stalking her. The one you dogs can't seem to catch," Alice sighed.

Jacob growled, a shudder ripped through him.

"Let's go!" Brea said.

Alice raced towards the car.

"Please, Brea. Stay here! For Charlie and Bella...for me," Jacob sighed.

Brea frowned, but quickly pulled Jacob in for a hug and then hurried off to the car.

"Bye, Jacob," Brea whispered.

***************************

A yellow Porsche pulled up next to Brea, making her stumble backwards, the window rolled down and revealed Alice.

"Where'd you get the car?" Brea asked.

"Hope you're not opposed to grand theft auto!" Alice smiled.

"No, but maybe in one of my good days," Brea smirked, climbing into the tiny car.

Alice quickly drove off.

"How much time do we have?" Brea asked.

"He's waiting until noon, when the sun's at its highest!" Alice said.

Brea grabbed her head....seeing bits and pieces of a vision.

Edward was standing in the shadow, his shirt was open...eyes were shut, but Brea could feel how sad he was.

Brea turned towards Aice, who was looking back at her.

"He's going to make them change their minds," Alice sighed.

"It's almost noon now!" Brea said, panic filled her voice.

"There's Volterra," Alice replied, pointing to the medieval village.

Alice drove up a tiny road...Brea looked around.

"W-Why are they all wearing red?" Brea asked.

"San Marcos Day festival. The perfect setting. Large crowds. The Volturi won't let him get far enough to reveal himself...he's counting on that," Alice said.

"W-We only have five minutes," Brea sighed.

Alice slammed on the breaks...Italian police waved her back, Brea jumped out of the car.

"Where's the square?!" Brea said.

"Follow that lane..." Alice replied but was cut off.

Brea took off running.

"He'll be under the clock tower!" Alice thought.

Brea raced down the cobble-stoned alleys, stumbling on the uneven stones. As Brea neared the square, the alleys became more populated. She shoved people out of the way. Brea battled her way through the square; the crowd shoved her back but she shoved harder.

Brea stopped near the fountain...The clock tower bells chime. Brea jumped into the fountain, wades through the shallow water to the other side, she quickly jumped out and moved through the crowd...only to find Edward walking out of the clock tower.