Chapter forty-nine

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like, astronaut or president but in my case I wanted to be a princess. When we were ten they asked us again we answered, rockstar or a cowboy but in my case I wanted to be a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. Well, how about this, who the hell knows! This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love.... a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing is permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be....we won't have to guess, we'll know," Jessica smiled.

Brea turned to look at Bella and smirked....

"Wow! I'm impressed.... Her speech is amazing," Bella said.

"With a little help from me," Brea replied.

Bella and Brea both giggled...Edward grabbed Brea's hand and gently squeezed it.

"That speech was very well written," Edward smiled.

"I agree!" Brea smiled.

Later that night...Brea and Bella walked up the stairs of the Cullens house, Brea wore a dress while Bella wore jeans and a shirt.

"You would think someone who doesn't dress up would actually wear something nice," Brea laughed.

"Well I must say I am very surprised to see you wearing a dress," Bella smiled.

Suddenly Jessica and Angela rushed up to both of the Swan sisters.

"What did you think of my speech? Also Brea thank you so much for helping me with it!" Jessica smiled.

"No! I think you pretty much nailed it!" Bella said,

"Good! It was like I was born to lead right?" Jessica asked.

All of a sudden Angela dragged Jessica away.....to go dance.

Brea turned around and ran into a hard chest...quickly stumbling back.

"UGH! What are you doing here?" Brea asked, realizing who she ran into.

"You invited me, remember?" Jacob smirked.

"Was my right hook too subtle for you? That was me uninviting you," Brea frowned.

"Look, Brea I'm sorry...about you know..the kiss and your hand. I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing, but it was really just... me being an ass. I'm really sorry! But lucky for you my nose healed so there's that," Jacob said.

"I'll break it again!" Brea growled.

Suddenly Brea grabbed her head, images flooded her head of a familiar face...she quickly looked around and soon her eyes met Alice's. Worried filled them both.

"Brea? Alice? What did you see?" Bella asked.

"A decision has been made!" Alice sighed, looking over at Brea.

"W-What's going on?" Jacob asked.

"They're not going to Seattle," Brea sighed.

"No! They're coming here!" Alice said.

Alice, Brea and Bella rushed upstairs....with Jacob on their tail.

"This could turn into a bloodbath," Carlisle said.

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked, pulling Brea close.

"I didn't see anyone I recognized. Maybe one," Alice replied.

"I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers. But he didn't start this," Edward said.

"Either way, the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town," Jasper spoke up.

"Hold up! What damn army?" Jacob asked.

"Newborns! Our kind," Carlisle said.

"They're after Brea? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob asked.

"Jacob...it means the fight could get ugly and some lives could be lost," Brea sighed.

"All right! We're in!" Jacob said.

"No! No way! Absolutely not!" Brea frowned.

"Jacob you'll get yourself killed," Bella sighed.

"I wasn't asking for permission," Jacob snapped, looking from Brea to Bella.

"Edward? Are you going to do something?" Bella asked, looking over at Edward.

"It means more protection for Brea, You and Charlie," Edward said.

"Jacob, do you believe Sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires," Jacob smirked.

"Jasper?" Carlisle asked.

"It'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they exist. It'll give us an edge," Jasper said.

"Jacob...you aren't really gonna do this, are you? You could die," Brea repiled.

"Brea, this is what we do! You should be happy, look at us...we're working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" Jacob smirked.

"You are lucky we are in a room full of people....otherwise I'd beat your ass," Brea thought.

"Uh Brea? You realize I can hear your thoughts?" Edward thought.

"Yes. But he can't..." Brea thought.