Chapter forty-six

Brea finally stopped running, she looked around and noticed she wasn't far from the Cullens...she couldn't understand why she came here.

"Edward? Are you out there?" Brea thought.

"Brea? W-What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be with Jacob?" Edward thought.

"I-I was...but," Brea thought.

"Where are you?" Edward thought.

"Not far from your house....you have any extra clothes?" Brea thought.

"I'm on my way. Stay put," Edward thought.

Suddenly the voice of her wolf quickly appeared.

"I sense the love you have for him," Her wolf thought.

"I-I love him very much," Brea thought.

"What about the other boy?" Her wolf thought.

"Jake? I only love him as a friend....he was my best friend," Brea thought.

"He doesn't feel the same....He also cares for your sister, perhaps more than what he feels for you," Her wolf thought.

Suddenly Edward appeared next to Brea....concern filled his face, seeing as she was still in her wolf form.

"Brea? It's alright...you can turn back," Edward said.

Brea's body....moved up to Edward, feeling his coldness.

Brea quickly turned back into her human form....but dropped to her knees.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" Brea asked.

Edward nodded, scooping her up and rushed her back to his house.

                ****************

The Cullens and Brea sat on the couch and started watching the news....there had been recent killings in Seattle.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous," Jasper said.

"It's newborns," Edward replied.

"What, like new vampires?" Brea asked.

"The first few months after the change," Edward sighed.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper replied.

"Something to look forward to," Emmett smirked, looking over at Brea.

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle said.

"Now we're definitely going to Seattle," Emmett laughed.

"An army of vampire....goodness," Brea sighed.

"Regardless of why they were made if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised they let it go on this long," Carlisle frowned.

"Maybe they're behind it! In Italy I read Aro's mind, he wants Brea, me and Alice to join him. He knows we'll never choose him as long as our family is still alive," Edward said.

"An army could solve that for him," Jasper repiled.

"Oh great!" Brea sighed.

After talking to the Cullens, Brea decided to go home.

She walked through the door and flopped on the couch, where Charlie was sitting....Charlie had his face in his hands.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Brea asked.

Charlie handed Brea a piece of paper with a familiar face on it.

"This kid, Riley Biers....disappeared over a year ago. Me and his poor parents have been papering Seattle with these things ever since," Charlie sighed.

"Y-You think they should give up?" Brea asked.

"Well, I wouldn't...if it were you or Bella. I would never give up," Charlie said.

"Really?" Brea asked.

"Of course! You and Bella are my everything! Without you both, I don't think I'd be able to live," Charlie replied, turning to look at Brea.

"Oh dad!" Brea smiled, pulling Charlie in for a hug.

Charlie laughed, wrapping his arms around her.

                      ******************

"I'd have to figure out what to tell people. Why I won't be home for the holidays or how I won't be able to visit. Why they'll never see me again," Brea sighed, laying in bed next to Edward staring up at the ceiling.

"After a few decades, everyone you'll know will be dead. Problem solved," Edward said.

"Even Bella?" Brea asked.

"Even Bella," Edward replied.

Brea rolled over....facing her door. Sadness filled her.

"W-Why are you so against me becoming like you?" Brea asked.

"I told you," Edward sighed, wrapping his arms around Brea...pulling her close to him.

"Be honest with me. I know there's more," Brea said.

"I know the consequences of  this choice you're making. I've lived through it and to let you suffer that...You believe I have a soul when I really don't, but to risk yours just for the sake of never having to lose  you....is probably the most selfish thing I'll ever do," Edward replied.

"I thought that you were afraid that I'd feel different and like.....I wouldn't be warm. I wouldn't smell the same," Brea sighed.

Edward tucked his face into Brea's neck and laughed.

"You'll always be my Brea. My Brea....who has many extraordinary gifts," Edward smiled, flipping Brea over to where she is facing him.

"And you'll always be my Edward. Only my Edward," Brea smirked, placing her hand on his chest.

"I love you," Edward whispered.

"I love you too," Brea mumbled....quickly drifting to sleep.