Chapter 30: A Rioting Bond

(‼️Tw/Trigger Warning: Some Mention of Blood in this Chapter, and some signs of heavy beatings. Not much blood, but if your uncomfortable with blood, just keep in mind there is some of it in this chapter. As for the heavy beatings, its just a cruel section of this chapter. If you don't like such talks of heavy beatings, then skip the part in the lobby. Stay Safe Fam!‼️)

(Ash POV)
Yelling. Bangs that were as Loud as Thunder. That's all that flooded my ears as I sat in the lobby of the Pokemon Center. Everything was barricaded from the rioting crowd outside. They couldn't identify what team the riot was on, so the police assumed it was just mixed. I kept hearing sirens from the police as well, trying their best to contain the building. I had a feeling the Pokemon Center might actually fall apart if the riot were able to launch a complete coordinated assault.

"Please Refrain from Ordering any Attacks!"
I heard the Police keep yelling outside the building. I was getting sick of all the yelling, and moved away from the lobby of the Pokemon Center. The Professor seemed tempted to stop me from leaving, but he didn't say anything as I passed him.

I sat down outside the door where Greninja was currently resting at. I felt an immense pain in my stomach sitting by the door. Felt like every muscle, every bone, organ, in that area of the stomach was destroyed. The pain was constant, and it felt like it a person was sitting on my stomach.

Yet that wasn't on my mind at the moment.

I began rambling to myself, saying things aloud in an attempt to calm my stomach down. To ignore the pain. I was hoping by some miracle that what I was saying out loud Greninja could. I saw my other Pokemon down the hall listening, although I don't think they realized I saw them.

"I would be lying if I said I haven't been praying to Arceus every night since the war started.
Praying for the Protection of other Families, Protection of my Friends, of my Parents, and of the Pokemon. Trying to keep a high positive mind in this war has been a challenge that rivals the challenge of becoming a True Pokemon Master- Or even a Champion"

I looked down the hallway to see my Pokemon still eavesdropping. I was gonna call them out, but I decided to just keep talking to myself.

"I worry every-time on the battlefield for situations like this. I worry for such injuries for all my Pokemon. Especially for Scars. I dislike the idea of scars being created from something that's completely unnecessary. Something that could've been avoided..."

I felt the stomach pain loosen just a little bit after I finished saying that. Something changed as atmosphere had a different feeling. A Feeling of Uneasiness.

"I'm gonna be honest. I've been scared during this entire war, and before the war even started I was scared. I was fearful for what was to occur, and even now I violently shake in my bed, sweating as I wait for the next day to begin. Sometimes my blood stream just turns cold as chills get sent down my spine. I feel as if I've been trapped in a blizzard this entire time. Unable to see the end, and I'm clueless to my surroundings."

I stopped to catch my breath, and just breathe for a moment. I pulled out a Pokeball from my pocket.

"However, Every night I think of how to redeem myself to the world for what my Family has done. I wonder what'll happen to me shall this war end. Would people look at me the same way?"

I looked into the Pokeball's Reflection to look at myself again. My expression just seemed miserable, and there were some bags under my eyes. Yet, All I saw a few seconds later was an explosion in the reflection.

!B A N G!

!C R A S H!

Instantly I Immediately got up from the floor to look upwards. Tons of flying Pokemon were circling the Pokemon Center. And the sounds of people yelling was intensifying. A celebration seemed to be occurring in the streets for breaking the roof.