Chapter 31: Interwoven Fates

(Gary's POV)
It was 6:34 when I woke up to the smell of French Toast and Coffee. Also to the noise of somebody accidentally burning themselves on the stove.

Half awake, I got up from the bed. I headed to the kitchen in which the lights blinded me along with the sunrise coming from the window. I got greeted shortly after by a wave and warm smile.

"Morning Sleepy Head, you snored all night long. Sounded like a pig!" Green told me while messing up my hair I had just combed. She handed me a plate with two french toasts, fresh fruits, and a glass of chocolate milk. The French Toast she had given me were shaped like a Leaf.

"So... Are You still gonna speak with that tree today? Or did you get some idea of what to do in your sleep?" Green asked me while she sipped on some Coffee. She seemed to have burned her tongue as I heard her make a noise after sipping the coffee. It eased the conversation for me. I wanted to say something goofy, but now wasn't the time to act goofy when people are dying outside this house.

"I plan on just returning to Lumiose City to Help Ash in whatever he needs. No matter how much I would like to stay here to help weaken any of Delia's Team higher ranking trainers, I know that back in Kalos there is a boy who is struggling under a world of pressure. Who is trying to glue a broken world back together with only the support of a small amount of people. To me, that's something I need to hurry back to. I hope you understand Green." I told her while she stared at me wide eyed. She closed her eyes shortly after what I said to think about something.

"I'm surprised to say the least. I was expecting you to say that you wanted to fart around with me, but your next route is very logical. My, how you've grown up from the arrogant headed Gary I had to deal with." She mockingly said while chuckling towards the end. I was slightly embarrassed with what she said, treating me like some sort of kid. Yet, what she had said hit me a little bit in the feels. My heart was somewhat aching after hearing her criticism.

"Well, you better be off to the Kalos Region by around noon. Judging by the speed of your Pidgeot you'll arrive there by 10:00, maybe later depending on how many detours you'll have to take." Green explained while pulling up her Pokedex which was basically her Phone. She was probably already organizing her oh so busy schedule at this very moment.

"There is gonna be a storm over the ocean that leads to Kalos, so that's gonna be a major detour, an Extra Hour at best. Gary, make sure to be careful out over the ocean. Its not a friendly place even in the sky." Green warned me while taking my plate and putting it in the dishwasher.

"Green I'll be fine. I've flown over the Ocean many times without your consent, what's gonna make this one different?"

"Gary there's a literal War happening. That's what is different than usual."

Green gave a heavy sigh, and kept tapping her fingers on the countertops of the kitchen. She was clearly still skeptical about the whole thing, even with what she admitted earlier. Her eyes just told me she was confused with what to think about the situation.

"Alright, Lemme help you prepare for your trip back to Kalos at least. That's the least I can do." Green assured me as she grabbed my hand and dragged me painfully to my room where Blastoise had been resting. She began digging through my clothes, picked some of her favorites, and threw them in a Briefcase. She even organized my room slightly since it is the definition of a huge mess.

"Green this isn't really necessary, I don't need clothes or anything really. I have that back in Kalos, I promise you." I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't listen to me, even with Venasaur tapping her back. She kept working away. Finally I grabbed her shoulder and stopped her from placing a Family Photo of us in the briefcase.