Chapter 25: When the Tree Falls.

I'm saying right now that name is weird. But when you finish reading the chapter, it'll make sense.
(Gary's POV)
Not gonna lie, Ash did scare me when he yelled at me. I felt as though he was gonna strangle me to death. But in his voice I heard sadness, like he was scared and sad. I could tell he was hiding the pain he had felt when he said that. As I rode Pigeot back to Kanto, I tried thinking of some happy memories... And soon Flashbacks began to hit me...

FlashBack...
It was a hot summer day. The Kanto sun was beating down on 7 year old me. Blue, my older brother was training with his at the time Squirtle. With him being 14 at the time, he was an outstanding trainer. And I remember Red who was 10 at the time receiving his Charmander... Red and Blue were such frenemies. They hung out but strived to be be the best. Yet this one summer day turned into a summer night. We were all gazing out towards the stars on a hill... and just talked...
"Hey Red, if you became Champion of the World, what would you say to yourself as a reflection?" Blue questioned Red who struggle to answer. The area went silent until Red responded, "I'd say most likely thank you to Professor Oak for everything he has done. Along with my friends, especially Gold. I feel that if I were champion they deserve credit. After all, they did support me probably up to that point." Hearing that response from Red really inspired me that day. Not to mention my older bro. It felt so... professional the way he said it. I remember after he said that a beautiful meteor shower fell, filling the night sky.

The smiles, the laughs... What happened to you Red?

FlashBack #2
"Listen here Gary, I want you to learn the type advantages and disadvantages. If you do so it'll help you as a trainer" Professor Oak told me as Red and Blue battled in the background. He kept pointing to the chalkboard and 8 year old me kept looking at him explain the typings. However, I myself kept looking out the window and saw a boy with spikey black hair playing in the snow. It was Early January, and a huge snowstorm hit the town last night. However, Gramps said today I'd learn about battling. "Gary, please pay attention." Gramps banged the chalk board to get my attention. He was talking about water types, which was the only type I really paid attention to. He showed me some examples of water types, and I loved Blastoise, even if my brother had one already. Every other typing he talked about bore me. I nearly fell asleep during this lecture. And what good would it even do!?!
      When it was over, I went to watch Blue and Red. I even saw Gold there. Although Gold is 1 year older than me. Gold waved to me as I sat on the floor watching them fight in the snow since they moved outside. They fought like cats. Yet I remember Professor sitting next to me and us eating warm cookies and Hot Chocolate. He talked some inspirational words too, but I forgot what he said... Also because I didn't pay attention to him anyway-
I felt my legs crunch as Pigeot had landed on the ground hard. Snapped me out the flashback. We were now in front of the hospital in Kanto. It towered over us. I returned Pigeot back into his Pokeball, and walked into the hospital full of people and Pokémon. The place was built about 3 months ago. It's brand new. But with the war, many people lay in beds. I walked up to the reception desk, to check in. "Good Morning, I'm Gary Oak, and I was told my Father was in this Hospita-" The lady cut me off. "Say no more. Your Father is on the Top Floor. Just take the elevator and find room 989." The nurse pointed to the elevators, then smiled. I walked over and called the elevator. It took a whole 6 minutes for it to come, and tons of doctors and patients came spewing out of it. I thankfully entered the elevator alone, and headed to the top floor being floor 52. I listened to the elevator music and began asking questions.

What did Steven do to Professor Oak?

Why did Steven attack Professor Oak in the first place?

Does Gold, Blue, or even Red know about this?

Why do I feel like I'm about to throw up???