Chapter 15: Plans

Ash (POV)
    I flew back down to where Gold was standing. He had just finished packing. "Gold, we are leaving to Professor Sycamore's Lab soon." I told him. He looked barely awake, but he agreed to everything I said. So, after we made sure we didn't leave anything at the base, we both got onto Charizard's back and flew off. The sun blinded us both, and many fletchlings flew by us. The streets seemed empty, and all the lights in the buildings were off. "Lumiose City seems like a ghost town," Gold stated, "I thought that it was a romantic city with great locations like the cafe." I never saw it romantic, but a city with the lives of thousands. I didn't see Lance's men anywhere, and no Pokémon were patrolling ether. Not to mention I had a strange feeling lingering in my head. It was painful, like a migraine, but it barely lasted. It was currently 12:43 P.M. It was also burning hot outside, unusual for Kalos. It was normally mild, but never so much where I was overly sweating. "You know, a nice water attack could feel nice right about now. It feels like it's 1000 degrees out here!" Gold said while fanning himself. Charizard's Flame was huge as he flew across Kalos, and I'm guessing that this heat was giving him quite a boost in power.
That's when something familiar appeared in front of us. It was a hot air ballon, but in the shape of a Meowth. I mumbled to Gold, "Team Rocket..." He gasped as I let out Noivern. The dragon was instantly paying attention so what I say. I let out Infernape onto his back, and they began to listen to me. "Send Team Rocket back to Kanto! That's where they are supposed to be according to Gold and N. Even so, send them to Officer Jenny!" I order them to do as they began to rush straight on to Team Rocket. When I looked inside and saw them, it wasn't Jessie and James. There were random people in the hot air ballon. Gold gasped, and grinned his teeth. "It's... Proton and Ariana! Two Team Rocket Grunts who bother me and my friends." Gold told me while I held onto Charizard tightly. I could easily relate myself to Gold. Team Rocket shouldn't even exist, and they should just be regular people. Just like all other evil pokemon organizations. "Charizard! Pop the ballon and take us down to deal with them." I ordered him to do. Infernape and Noivern were up ahead, and they were already dealing with their Pokémon. A Skarmory and Flygon were present, and they seemed powerful. I stood ontop of Charizard while we circled the grunts. Gold looked nervous, like I was gonna fall. Pikachu held on tightly on my shoulder, and shortly after I jumped. I glided towards the hot air ballon, and Pikachu scared away Skarmory who tried to attack us. Luckily, Infernape finally finished him off with a flamethrower. Noivern was having trouble fighting that Flygon, but he seemed to have the advantage. Anyways, I grabbed the edge of the hot air ballon, only to see Proton staring down at me. "Say Ash, Have you ever watched Lion King?"he asked me. I shook my head no. Mom said it was too violent. "Well, your Mufasa, and I'm Scar. In what Scar would say, he would say this probably... Long... Live... The Leader..." That's when I was pushed off from the hot air ballon. Just me. Pikachu had jumped onto the ballon, but now I was free falling from the sky. I shed some tears as I fell, and suddenly my life flashed in front of me. My mom and dad caring for me, my friends and Pokémon, and all other things that happened. I'm not even sure if my death would even affect the war. I excepted this fate and fell. That's when something grabbed me. It was Noivern! Now I was hanging off of Noivern, and Infernape was on his back. Ariana slapped Proton for that Lion King Joke that failed. They dropped me off back on the ballon. "You! Ash Ketchum! Son of Red! You are a major threat to this world that needs to be dealt with!" Ariana told me. That's when behind me Gold flew like a bad boy. It was dramatic and cool. It was like in slow motion. He jumped off of Charizard into the hot air ballon. It shook violently, and soon Proton and Ariana were on the ground trembling in fear. They seem to know who Gold was. I glanced at Gold slightly. He had such a terrifying face like he was gonna murder them. "Listen you annoying brats! You better obey Leader Ash and escape to Kanto as fast as you can! He is showing mercy to you, and I'm sparing you. I would kill you, but not today. Maybe in another time. Another universe. So scram, or else I will hunt you down till the end of time and make you suffer!" Gold threaten with the most serious expression. We had finally landed on the ground after the ballon had been popped by Noivern and not Charizard. They grabbed some supplies from the ballon, and ran away. Gold seemed to calm down a little, and when he got mad, a strange aura surrounded him in the air. It wasn't visible, and it seemed evil and dark. Anyways, the lab was only a ten minute walk away from where we were, and so we left. I returned all of my Pokémon into their Pokeballs.
Now it's 1:03 P.M, and we had finally arrived at the lab. I kept Charizard out incase Team Rocket returned again. Gold seemed aggravated and impatient from the Team Rocket event. I guessed he hated the fact that he let them go. I slowly opened the door of the lab to see it empty. No lights were on and the whole place was quiet. It was... Odd... Gold walked towards a cabinet that contained information, and soon something had triggered. A bet fell from the sky and trapped Gold inside. The trap snatched his Pokeballs and put them inside a bag. Meanwhile, I was getting scanned by the device. Then, all the devices stopped and retreated. "Phew! Sorry bout that boys, but security has gone up." A welcoming voice called out to us. It was none other then the Professor. Gold got release and got all of his Pokémon back. "We've buffed the security in here in case any burglars try to rob us of any information. After all, we can barely trust each other anymore." Professor Sycamore told us. I saw Gary in the background with Blastoise aiding him. He had a cast on his leg. I shouted towards him "Gary! What happened to you!? Did you ride your bike indoors!?" He grew mad at that last joke and responded with anger, "Oh Shut it Ashy-boy. This happened from some group of trainers. They said I was a traitor to Team Delia, so now they are going to hunt me. Blastoise kinda defended me, but got knocked back by a solar beam. He landed on my leg which is now broken as you can obviously see." Gold walked up to Gary with a pen in his hand and wrote on the cast "Gotta get well soon!". This somewhat cheered up Gary and motivated us quite a bit. I even chuckled by Gold's action. Charizard rolled his eyes at Blastoise, and soon Charizard met up with a hydro pump. That made us laugh even harder, and soon I was beginning to choke. Needless to say I got met up with a Flamethrower...
        After the humorous events, Professor took us into a sorta meeting room. Diantha was already sitting there waiting. There was a huge table with tons of chairs around it. In the middle was a map of the whole world. It had some markings on it, but it seemed to be in good condition. We all took a seat, and Diantha began to talk. "I called this meeting to order. As we all know, all three teams can move around freely. We each have our own region to work with. We are allowed to invade each region as long as it doesn't violate the rules. We can storm certain spots and make sure the armies of the other teams are weaker. This whole idea leads me to future plans for Team Ash. If we can take over and gain control of all the other regions, we might be able to win this war! This won't be easy, not to mention they'll invade us here too, but it's worth a try. I think we should invade the Unnova region. It is the nicest place in my opinion. Begin infiltrating the whole region and make them move away. Back up the mouse into the corner and grab it for a snack." To me, this seemed reckless, but then again I'm a reckless guy. I'll do anything to get the whole world back together and back in order. Gold raised his hand and asked, "What about the innocent people of Unnova? And what if we get captured!? What if they do something to us!" Diantha face palmed herself, and I put my hand on Gold's shoulder. I said in a smooth rich voice, "I promise I won't let anything happen to you, buddy. I won't lose another person. No. Friend. To anyone of my friends and family. I promise." Gold seemed to calm down, and Gary just stared at me with confusion.
The rest of the day was full of packing. Diantha had set up a private jet for me, Gold, and Gary to ride. The others would stay here and keep up in check if any major event or details. It was now 9:00. Gold fell asleep real easily, while I kept twisting and turning on the floor. Poor Pikachu couldn't fall asleep because of me, so I chatted with him. My buddy was also stress about my mental well-being. "Pika Pika.. Pika." He said softly as he nuzzled my hand a little. "I'm holding up well buddy, thank you. I'm just worried about my mom, and maybe a little bit for Red too. They may be awful parents towards me, but that doesn't mean they love me or not..." Pikachu rolled his eyes as if not believing me. "Oh come on now! If they start a whole war after me, don't you think they care about me!" I sighed with some depression in the voice. Pikachu came up and laid down on my stomach. He curled up and tried to get some rest. "Yeah, I agree with you buddy. We need to get some rest." I closed my eyes and let my stress escape from this world as I entered my dreams... or nightmares...