Chapter 6: Relaxation Day?

Ash(POV)
I woke up seeing Gold make breakfast. Infernape was actually out of his Poke ball and sparing with Explotaro on the balcony.

I guess Gold wanted to see my infernape after the Sinnoh League since my Sinnoh Clothes were on the dresser. I changed in the bathroom and ate breakfast with him this Morning.

"Today Ash, we are going to have a fun day in Goldenrod City! I planned for us to actually go around and relax today to release some stress."
Gold announced to me as I was eating a biscuit.

He did admit that he let infernape out because he was kind of impressed by it in the battle against Paul. So he wanted Explotaro to train with him to let him master blaze. I was completely fine with that however. I want to repay him for what he has done for me.

"That's fine, Gold! As long as you didn't hurt Infernape or force him to do anything he doesn't want to do." I told him as I began to wash my plate. He claimed he didn't, and Infernape did confirm this too, so I don't know what I was worrying about.

We got out of the hotel at around 11, and headed to Route 34. It was full of mysterious people who looked at us. I knew they were mainly looking at me, who shouldn't be in this territory.

A Man in a formal suit came towards me with a young teenager.

"Your not supposed to be here, Mr War-Starter! This is our territory!" the Man said spitting in my face.

Infernape growled at the man and Explotaro began to fire his flames from his neck.

Gold stood next to me saying, "Stay away from him! Or I'll call Officer Jenny and tell her you won't leave him alone, and she will arrest you!" Gold threaten to the man and the boy.

They both started to laugh really hard, and people surrounded us.

"Beat us in a Pokémon Battle, and we'll leave you alone!" Challenged the young boy. They sent out a Tyranitar and Noctowl. Gold sent out Explotaro and I sent out Infernape who was ready to have a battle. I tighten my cap as we prepared for battle.

Ash: "Infernape! Mach Punch on Tyranitar!"

Infernape charged at Tyranitar hitting a direct-hit. It got pushed back to the man.

Gold: "Explotaro! Flamethrower on Noctowl!"

Explotaro shot a bright red beam towards Noctowl, as it was about to hit, it flew up.

The Man: "Use Earthquake on Infernape and Typhlosion! And make it fast!"

The Tyranitar stomped its foot into the ground and sent a devastating earthquake which made the ground shake violently. I yelled to Infernape to grab onto Noctowl. He surprisingly jumped high enough to grab the leg of the Noctowl to dodge the earthquake. Explotaro wasn't as lucky and did get hit. He did endure it however.

Teen: "Noctowl, use Shadow Ball on Infernape!"

He fired a ball of pure malice towards Infernape.
I commanded for Infernape to use thunder punch to deflect the shadow ball, and it worked.

Ash: "Infernape, finish off Tyranitar with a Close Combat!"

Infernape went up and was punching the Tyranitar you could barely see him hitting him. It was enough to knock out the Tyranitar and the old man returned him.

Only one was left.

The man told the teen he better not lose or else he would have to release the Noctowl and ground the teen for an entire month. I was offended by this and shouted towards the man,

"HEY! LEAVE HIM ALONE IF HE LOSES. YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL! DON'T PUNISH HIM FOR NOT WINNING!"

The teen was actually surprised I defended him. The crowd around us was shocked.

Suddenly, Officer Jenny appeared and arrested the man for abusing his son for 15 years. She took the son to his mother who was thought to be the one who abused the child, and the battle ended.

Gold and I were glad to help, but we both felt bad about the child. Yet, we did continue our day.

Before we left Route 34, a person in the crowd asked,

"Ash, what side are you going to choose? Even if you join Red, he'll still attack your mother."

My heart was beating fast now. I didn't know how to respond, Thankfully, Gold backed me up by saying that I wasn't taking questions at the moment and to carry on with their day.

So, we went north up to Route 35. We walked the trail and watched all the wild Pokémon. I asked Gold, "Do you think the Pokémon sense that a war is coming?"

He didn't respond straight away, but he did reply,
"I hope they do, because many will be injured during this war and they did nothing to deserve this treatment."

I agreed with his answer. None of these innocent Pokémon deserved the upcoming war. It only made them fear human-kind. For all I know, one of these Pokémon in the wild could've been somebody new companion, and I could be ruining a friendship.

Gold asked me what would I do after the war, I didn't know how to reply to that question. It would depend on my current situation.

I would probably start fresh and go on a new journey with Pikachu and one other Pokémon this time round. Gold looked at me like he was curious about something.

"Ash, who do you truly love?" He asked me, "I know you have a lot of female companions, but
who do you like the most?"

Again, I am not interested in love. I love the world technically, but he meant human love.

I responded, "I don't love any of them. Not Misty, Not May, Not Dawn, Not Iris, and Not Serena. Sure I may have been kissed by a few girls, including Serena when she left for Hoenn, but if I loved someone, I may start another war again!"

Gold looked at me with a smile. He must've agreed with my answer. So then I ask him if he loves anybody. He began to blush, but I do pretend to be dense. I told him, "Are you running a fever?" He shook his head violently to the left and right, saying no. I know that he did love somebody, but I want to know who he loves.

We turned around the trail at 5:45 P.M and headed back to Goldenrod City. Hoot-Hoots were flying in the skies as the sun began to set. We saw oddish run around in the grass with a eevee. They were so innocent, it broke my heart seeing Pokémon having fun before a war. A tear rolled down my face.

It was 6:00 when we entered the city. People were walking the streets as they talked to their Pokémon. They seemed like innocent people just trying to have a good time before the war begins. We entered the hotel room, and Gold went to go take a shower. I only had 2 more days left in Johto before I had to go back to Kanto to stay at the Police Department with Officer Jenny.

I still haven't made up my mind yet. I had an idea back in my house, but I completely forgot what it was about. So, I decided that tomorrow I would discuss with Gold about my decision. I put on my PJ, and went to bed.