Chapter 4: The Airport

Ash(POV)
My plane was on April 3 at 7:00 A.M. It was April 2 and 9:46 P.M when I arrived. I returned Charizard into his Pokeball and entered the airport. An Officer Jenny was standing there with a picture of me. I walked towards her since I knew she would keep me safe from these strangers. I used to trust people whenever I walked the streets, but now they can attack me whenever they want.

"Why, you must be Ash Ketchum! The person who begun the regional war," Officer Jenny said being sarcastic about that last part, "My sister told me that you needed to be escorted everywhere you go. Don't worry, when you arrive in Goldenrod City, a special person will guide you. Plus, Johto is technically your father's territory. So, you'll need extra supervision"

"Who'll escort me?" I asked since I knew that everyone in Johto would try to capture me.

She told me that a trainer who lives in Johto would help me since he doesn't want to join the war either, and just wants peace with their Pokémon. I figured that it would be a trainer that is native to Johto.

"You got a room in the airport so that you can get some rest. It has also been paid to you by all of us at the police department of the world. You'll wake up tomorrow morning at 5:00 A.M. Please get some good rest, tomorrow is a long day." Officer Jenny instructed me to do.

She handed me the keys to room 2201. She stood by the door with Arcanine and kept watch of the door all night. The room had a single bed, a bathroom, and a closet. I threw my backpack in the closet and put down some food for Pikachu. He nibbled the food slowly, as if he didn't want any.

I went outside the room to ask Officer Jenny if she had any ketchup. Surprisingly she did! She gave me a whole bottle of ketchup and said if I needed anything else just call for her.

I closed the door to my room and locked it. I handed Pikachu the bottle of ketchup and he started to spray it all over his food. I knew ketchup would make him happy, it always does. As long as my Pokémon are happy, I can have some joy in my life. Pikachu did make a little bit of a mess on his face, so I had to give him a nice warm bubble bath.

After the bath, we both got on our bed and began to fall asleep. However, Greninja did come out of his Poke ball and stayed up against the wall. I knew he wanted to stay out just to make sure I didn't get stolen, so I just kept him out all night. I knew that anyone would have a hard time getting past him. So with Officer Jenny and Greninja on guard, I fell asleep on the bed with Pikachu curled up.

I woke up the next morning seeing Greninja putting my Johto clothes on the bed. He must've known what I was going to put on. Well, I guess we do have the Bond Phenomenon meaning he can see what I am thinking, but he sure was being helpful.

Officer Jenny knocked on the door saying,
"Rise and Shine Mr.Ketchum! Time to get up!".

Greninja returned to his Poke ball after making the bed. I made sure I didn't leave anything in the room and left. I returned the key to the room manager and left.

I sat down in a chair near my booth where I would have to enter the plane. It was currently 5:53 A.M and nobody was near me. I held Pikachu on my lap as we waited for the plane to come. People did start to pass by with their Pokémon partners. All I heard them talking about was the war.

I watched the TV on the wall. It was currently on PokeNews. Diantha the Kalos Champion was currently speaking about the upcoming war. A few other people were paying attention when she spoke about the details.

"To the world, as you know former champion, Red Ketchum has declared war against Delia. It may sound like a regular argument, but trust me, it isn't. A certain boy who I will not mention is getting hurt mentally. Plus, if Red wins, he'll get hurt physically. Now, I'm not sure what side to choose, but I will tell you what side you will be forced to choose thanks to the other champions and professors decision that I could not control.
If you live in Kanto, Sinnoh, or Alola you are on Team Delia for the war. If you live in Johto, Hoenn, or Unnova your on Team Red.

Kalos has not yet chosen a team, but we will soon. Know that war will begin in Kalos in a place known as the Old Battlefield. Once, the Ultimate Weapon was fired there, but that will not be allowed as an option of weapon or else you will be eliminated. I hate to say that a regional war is upon us all, and will affect the lives of many people being young or old..."

I knew Diantha was talking about me. I stopped paying attention at that point. I didn't need to be reminded that I'm the reason so many people are joining this war by force. It breaks my heart thinking young trainers are being fearful to leave their homes because of a war I started. Pikachu saw I was thinking negatively again so he started to nuzzle against me.

"Thanks Buddy for staying with me. I don't know what I'd do without you!" I told him as he began to hop on my shoulder. Eventually, my rotomphone vibrated telling me that it was currently 6:30 A.M and that it was time to board the plane.

So I got up from my seat and headed towards the place where you enter the plane. The Lady working there told me that I needed to put Pikachu in a Poke ball since security has gone up because of the war.

Officer Jenny thankfully told the lady that Pikachu wouldn't make the plane explode unless it got mind-controlled by an evil organization.
So, Pikachu was allowed inside the plane.

I sat down towards the front of the plane. Pikachu and I both looked out the window to see a flock of butterfree flying outside. I had mine back since according to Professor Oak, it missed me so much it wanted to return to me.

A speaker in the airplane turned on telling me it was about to take off. It had a smooth launch, and I was now flying to Goldenrod City. We flew so high Kanto was growing smaller and smaller.

I whispered to myself, "So long Kanto. I'll miss my old life and my home."

Eventually, I plugged in some headphones and listen to some music on my rotomphone. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in my chair listening to music.