Chapter 5: A New Friend and Escort

Note! The new friend is actually someone on Wattpad! Golden-Hearted is the person Ash makes friends with! Check out some of his books, they are really good. Plus , he gave me the idea of the story! So credits go to him. Anyways, onto the story!

Ash(POV)
I remember waking up to Pikachu biting me on the arm. I'm sure he didn't want to use electricity since he would cause panic in the plane, so I was thankful he did bite me. It was a little hard, but it was better than getting a flamethrower to the face.

We looked outside the window to see tall skyscrapers everywhere. It was definitely Goldenrod City. We were allowed to unbuckle now, and so we exited the plane.

As soon as I entered the airport, people were staring at me. An Officer Jenny stood there with an Umbreon next to her. I walked towards her knowing that all Officer Jenny's were going to be neutral to the War like I was currently.

"Ash Ketchum, welcome back to Goldenrod City, I know you've probably been here before, but due to it being long ago, you probably forgotten the streets and stores." She said.

If I am being honest, she was actually correct! I forgotten if I even visited this place or not. It's been far too long!

"Ash, my sister told me that you needed a special escort to watch you. He's here right now, I'll take you to him." she told me as she signaled to follow her.

I couldn't wait to have a companion again. It had been far too long without anyone traveling with me. People were actually walking towards me, but Officer Jenny's Umbreon growled whenever they got close. I'm guessing that those people were going to beat me up so that I join their side. How I miss my old reputation of people cheering for me and telling me to follow my dreams.

We went outside, and that's when I saw my escort. He had a Black and Gold Hat on, with a nice red jacket on too. He had a blue pokegear on his arm. He had a Typhlosion next to him. He ran up to me and shook my hand.

"You must be the Famous Ash Ketchum! Hi! I'm Gold, and this is my partner Typhlosion, who is called Explotaro!" he said to me.

"Thank you for being my escort and guard. I've gone through a lot recently." I thanked him.

"No problem! I'll help a person who hates war. I know you Ash, I've watch you in leagues. I know you have saved the world thousands of times. You wouldn't want a war between people and Pokémon. Your too kind of a person for that. Plus, I've gone through a lot too!" He said trying to cheer me up.

I'm glad he was a fan of me and knew who I was. That made me smile. Explotaro shook Pikachu's paw and I could tell that they were already friends.

"We might want to get going. It's going to be dangerous at night time around here. Night time in Goldenrod City can get brutal sometimes. Luckily, I have rented a room in a Hotel for us to sleep in." he announced.

We both waved Officer Jenny gooodbye, and rode on Charizard to find the hotel quickly. He returned Explotaro back into his Poke Ball as we saw the city lights.

"You know Ash, the city at night may be dangerous, but the lights are pretty to look at when your flying at night. When the war starts, I'll miss seeing people that I have fallen in love with fight against other people. My friends are being forced to fight under Red's Control, and I quickly hid in the shadows so I didn't have to join. Plus, Officer Jenny helped me out too." Gold said trying to comfort me.

He really was comforting me well, and Officer Jenny was correct about him being like me.

We arrived at 8:34 P.M and I put on my PJs after my shower. I began to go to bed and fell asleep. Gold fell asleep long ago, and I hope he's ok with dealing with me. I know what he is going through too.

Gold (POV)
I pretended to be sleeping in bed, waiting for Ash to fall asleep. As soon as he did, I got up to the balcony that was included with the hotel room. I stood there hoping my friends were ok.

Everyone I knew were on Red's team because he forced us. Red was my friend at one point, until he said that we will be fighting Ash Ketchum.

We all watched him on our TV together hoping he would win a league, but he never did. He was a hero to us, and we never wanted to fight him.

We told him that we didn't want to join his side anymore. However, he used Lapras which had Psychic as a move. They were all trap in pain the last I saw them. It broke my heart. I saw my love, Crystal, crying there in pain.

I was also about to get stuck with Psychic until Blue saved me. He said that he wanted me to stay with Officer Jenny.

If it wasn't for him, I'd be forced to fight Red. When I flew over to the Goldenrod City Police Station, they told me I'd have the honor of escorting and protecting Ash Ketchum.

I freaked out! I got to protect my hero! I of course agreed. My hope is that he'll help me save Crystal and my friends stuck in Red's Army.

Explotaro came out of his Poke ball and gave me a determined look. I knew he was going to help me till the very end, and I won't give up just like Ash. With that, I returned to my bed and fell asleep for real this time. I promised to myself I will assist Ash in anyway possible and help him with his goal of ending the war.

That's the end of Chapter 5! Remember! Gold is actually Golden-Hearted who wanted to collaborate! Please read some of his books! They're really good in my opinion! Full credits to him! Anyways, hope your enjoying the book so far!