Chapter 18: 3,000+ Years

Ash(POV)
They opened the back of the white van, and inside was a Gengar. I felt chills go down my spine. I pushed back even harder, but they kept pushing me. I began to cry for help, hoping somebody would help me. But nobody came... Tears rolled down my eyes, and soon people were recording me. This would go viral, the Leader crying. I could see it now. Such humiliation... Everyone was laughing at me, even the Pokémon. Charizard tried to help, but the Gyarados kept him in check. Pikachu squirmed in the arms of another trainer. A Beedrill flew by me, and one good hit from that thing could knock anyone out cold. I lost hopes in escaping, and just kept walking. That's when I felt something. The People's attitude changed. Something powerful had just entered the area. No... It seemed there were two of them. One of them was closer than the other. That's when the person holding Pikachu yelled. Pikachu was free, and the man fell to the ground with tears on his face. Pikachu instantly fired a Thunderbolt at the Gyarados, and they too fell to the ground. Charizard quickly fired a Flamethrower towards the entire crowd, and the people who held me ran away. All I had was my handcuffs. The others were dealing with this group, and I was standing here. That's when he Gengar came out and sent a shadow ball my way. Thankfully, it got cut in half and didn't hit me.
I knew exactly who did this, and I yelled. "Thanks Buddy for the rescue! I owe you one, Greninja!" He kept jumping across everyone head and knocking out all the Pokémon in one hit, including Gengar. Meanwhile, everyone else was huddled in the corner. Pikachu made sure that none of them could escape. They dropped their pitchforks and torches, and they were scared. I walked over to them, and said, "You shouldn't have attacked. I wouldn't have hurt you, and you should know that."
        That's when someone sent an air slash my way. Charizard blocked it, but soon a blue glowed formed around him and he was swung against a wall. The area was soon blocked by powerful rays of light. It was a dazzling gleam. It was like a second sun. The crowd soon ran around and went crazy. They were fearful, and I couldn't even move. The crowd soon became frozen solid by an Ice Beam, and only their heads weren't frozen. The lights faded, and Charizard had easily fainted. I returned him back to his pokeball, and look to see a Sigilyph flying in the air. It's trainer was below, and wearing a hooded cloth. "Fight Me." It's said while Sigilyph went to the person's side. The crowd gasped, and was spreading rumors of who it was. The Gengar joined up with the man, and it was now a double battle. The person was tall, and his cloak made his appearance menacing. I had no other Pokémon on me as my Rotomphone that contained all of them was in the base. I needed two... Of course I was being an idiot. Pikachu was on my shoulder, and the other was the one who planned for my rescue. Man, I guess my brain wasn't working too hard today. I whistled for the other one while Pikachu prepared for the battle. The guy was confused as to what I was doing, but in my head it made sense. Everyone in the crowd gasped as they finally saw the blue blur. "Hey buddy, mind if you join this battle. I think you'll understand why soon." I told Greninja as he jumped onto the battlefield next to Pikachu. Strategies began to form in my head, and all of them were devastating! Some person from the crowd judged the match, and had a whistle. It had Begun:
Man: "Gengar, use a shadow ball on Pikachu. Sigilyph use Psychic on the Pikachu to hold him in place!" Pikachu glowed Blue then he was pushed right in front of Gengar. "Greninja! Hit Sigilyph quickly to release Pikachu. Pikachu, as soon as your free use a quick attack to get away from a shadow ball." I told the two. Sigilyph got hit down by an aerial ace. The shadow ball was release, and Pikachu got away. "Well played, Leader Ash..." The man said.
Ash: "We are only getting started! Pikachu, use an electro ball on Sigilyph. Greninja! Use a Night Slash on Gengar!" Pikachu hit Sigilyph easily and it fell down to the floor. The Gengar flinched when it saw Sigilyph fall to the floor, and got hit with a super effective dark type move. It still stood, but it wasn't expecting it.
Man: "I knew you would be hard... In all my years, you have been the best, but that game ends here..." The man pulled out a Key Stone, and The Gengar Held a Mega Stone. Bright Lights the Color of Purple began to form. The crowd went wild seeing this. The Mega Gengar arrived smiling brightly...
Man: "Use a Thunderbolt on Greninja... Sigilyph use a Dazzling Gleam to Make sure the Pikachu doesn't help him..." The battlefield glowed brightly, and I heard a hit clash... "Pikachu! Figure Out where the source of the thunderbolt came from!" I hoped my buddy could sense where the electricity came from. That way, he could track down that Gengar... That's when the Dazzling Gleam finally passed. Greninja had paralysis, while the Sigilyph was on the ground with a tiny bit of Hp left...
Ash: "Gotta End this Fast! Pikachu! Use an iron tail on Gengar! Greninja, Use a double team and begin to use a night slash!" Pikachu landed a direct hit, while Greninja repeatedly hit the Sigilyph which finally fell down...
Man: "Good Job Partner... Now return... Gengar, Use Icy Wind to slow them down!" The Wind Blew a way my Pokémon, and the ground was covered in pure ice...
Ash: Pikachu! Break the Ice with an Iron Tail!" Pikachu slammed its tail to the ground, and the ice broke... "Greninja! Fling the Ice bits towards the Gengar!" Greninja jumped into the air and flung all the ices bits at the Gengar until the paralysis took effect. He fell to the ground barely standing...
Man: "Quickly! Use a Shadow Ball on That Greninja!" The Shadow Ball flew around fast speeds, and hit directly... I smile as I look at this...
Ash: "Greninja Now Use your Night Slash!" The Man was confused, but Greninja appeared behind Gengar and launched the Gengar to the air. "Pikachu, End it with a thunderbolt now!" The Gengar got shocked so hard, it fell to the ground immediately... The Battle was over...
     The Man walked up to the Gengar and Healed it. He returned it back into his Pokeball and stood up. The Man stood tall over me... His eyes weren't visible, yet I felt them locked onto me... "I've been waiting 3,000 Years for a battle like this young trainer. Thank you..." The Man told me. I was not sure if he was joking, but he seemed serious. "Wait. 3000 Years? Is that how long you've been alive!?" I asked him that, and he chuckled to himself.
"I've lost count, but it's been around that time I've been alive.. Wandering the Earth in Search of my lost Pokémon. I've fought many trainers, but none as good as you... Even your father could barely win... Except that Charizard of his is..." The words he said were very deep and quiet. Yet, I could hear sadness in his voice... The people in the crowd finally unfroze, and they all pointed at the man. "You! You told us to attack Leader Ash and bring him back to Leader Red! Explain yourself this instant before we attack you!" The crowd began to fuss over the man who stood taller than all of them. He put his hand in the air, and they grew quiet. "You are no longer needed... I told you that so I could end this war right now. After all, Leader Red is after Ash, but this turned to War because of Leader Delia's Protection over him. Leader Red was only going after Delia because of what she said, and when he won, he would have Ash to himself. So, if we give Ash go Red, the war and violence would be over..." The Man said while everyone else gave a second to think to themselves. "Wait, you were gonna turn me in? Why not do that now! I'm just standing right here! Also why do you need them!" I asked while Greninja gave him a threatening look... "I'm not turning you in. After that battle, you seem like the best way to end this war peacefully. I trust you, and here I am. May I please join your army, Leader Ash..." The man bowed before me, and the crowd freaked out. They were all on Team Red, so they were mad at what he had done. "Your gonna join Ash! He's Just a Kid!" The crowd relit their torches and surrounded the man... "Stay behind me Ash... This won't end well I feel..." That's when a Fairy Wind Appears out of nowhere and the crowd is taken a back... Something floats down from the sky... The man reveals his face, in which I realize who he is based on a scar. "Wait... Your... AZ... The Man who created the Ultimate Weapon... The One who Wonders Around the World... That's you..." I realize how dumb I was and face palm myself. I see tears roll down his face as he sees the Pokémon. A Floette... "F...Flo...Ette... It's... Really... You..." The man begins to cry as the Floette sits on his hand... He cups her softly, and the Floette touches his nose (Aka the Photo of this Chapter, Insert that moment here). My heart smiles upon seeing this. "I'm glad you finally reunited with your Pokémon..." The crowd drops their weapons, and begin to clap. I stand there while the man cries... "I will allow you to join..." I tell the man who face is shocked. "Y...you will..." AZ seemed shocked when I said this, and I saw more tears come down. "I can tell you've been suffering, and that this Floette is who you truly care about. I think you'll be a great addition, not to mention your from the Kalos Region anyway! It makes sense to me, so welcome AZ..." The man stood up and shook my hand. The Floette hovered on his shoulder, and I fell it is special based on its coloring. The crowd of people back away finally. Me and AZ head back to the camp, and that's when I completely forgot about Gold and Gary! "Oh shoot! I forgot about Gold and Gary!" The man seemed confused, until he started to speak... "You mean... Subjects 1+2..." AZ spoke quietly, but his voice was so serious. "Subjects..." I repeated that to myself. Why are they subjects of, and why! "Yes, last night Leader Red made Lance's G-Men capture them for an experiment. I don't know what the experiment was about, but he told me that this would forever change Team Red forever if it was a success." I was shocked to hear AZ know so much information. "Leader Red treated me with care since I was strong and had the key to the Ultimate Weapon as they now describe it. He wanted to show me how special I was. He told me many of his plans..." AZ told me while showing a cool device with the Team Red Symbol on it. An idea then hit me... "AZ, do you think Red knows your part of my team yet?" AZ shook his head. "I think I have a job for you..." I told him as his eyes lit up. "I'll do anything to support you Ash. What's my Task.." Floette nodded with him, and the two waited for my answer... "Be a secret agent and tell us their plans... They trust you, not me... Plus, you wear that thing that hides your face, not showing any emotions too! You'd be perfect!" AZ looked shocked, but he soon smiled. "So, do want me to still support Red, but in secret I'm supporting you... That's a great plan!!" AZ seemed happy with the idea. "Yes, and try not to get caught of killed... I don't need to see somebody dying... That thought haunts me..." AZ smiles and heads off toward someplace...
      I hear my Rotomphone ring and vibrate. I walked over to check it, and it was a message from Gold! It said that they were almost at the base in 20 minutes. I replied saying ok with a question mark. I still had no idea what happened with them, but hopefully they would explain. "Guys! We are gonna stay here till Gold and Gary arrive. No matter what happens. We wait here!" My Pokémon cheered as we all huddled together and look up at the sky waiting for my friends to arrive...

Gold(POV)
        It was windy flying to Unova. I was barely holding on to Pidgeot. Gary seemed to have fallen asleep as I heard him snoring. The moon glimmered as we flew past it. It seemed like a perfect night, except the wind made that false. I looked down below to see some flames begins to burn. There was a Charizard setting fire to a group of people. I saw a man look at them. "Ugh! It's him... Pidgeot be careful and try not to make any sounds"  Pidgeot spread its wings so the wind would carry it and it wouldn't flap... I looked at Red who was staring at the crowd. They were cowering in fear as Charizard stared menacingly at them... That's when a Flamethrower was sent our way. "Hello General... I see your invading my territory like your dumb leader. Charizard, teach them a lesson bout what they've just done..." Red said while Charizard began to chase us... It flew at incredible speeds, and Pidgeot was freaking out! "Pidgeot! Forget about being quiet! Just get away!!" I yelled panicking. Gary woke up and realized what was happening, and soon Pidgeot was fleeing from Charizard as well. That's when he went in front of us both... He charged up a dragon pulse and fired it at us... Thankfully, a random shadow ball saved us from the beam. A Mega Gardevoir flew past up in a form I've never seen! "I knew I should've worried bout you boys" A Heavenly voice said. The Champion and Professor Sycamore flew next to us riding on Garchomp. Charizard roared upon seeing them. I could hear my "friend" yelling down below. He was clearly mad. Gardevoir held down Charizard using Psychic, and Charizard was still barely moving. "Boys! Go reunite with Ash! We'll be ok! We promise..." Professor Sycamore ordered while Garchomp charged a Dragon Pulse. With that, me and Gary left to Accumula Town... We hoped Ash was ok... Not only that... We hoped the Professor and Champion would be ok...
We flew forever, but we finally got back to the camp. The sun was setting as we arrived, and when we did we saw Ash knocked out on the floor. He must've been waiting for the whole day. "Poor Ashy-Boy is knocked out! He seems to have packed all of his stuff, meaning we must be leaving soon..." Gary whispered while grabbing a blanket. "Guess we could sleep out here for tonight..." I told Gary. We both grabbed our sleeping bags and set them back up. I sent Explotaro out to make sure that nobody this time uses us as test subjects. With that, I went to sleep...

Author's Note: HOLY COW ITS BEEN A MONTH SINCE IVE UPDATED THIS STORY!  I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been thinking very hard on where the story can head to next. I've had zero time to write it down however as I've been to a total of 5 ceremonies and assemblies within these months. Not to mention I caught the Flu and been trying to recover. If that's not enough, I have a huge bump on my hand that popped and oozed blood everywhere... Yeah, it's been busy for me. So I'm sorry if this Chapter is short, but I still remember this book! I promise that the next Chapters are specials because I have a ton of those to do. If your reading this is the future, then you won't have to worry bout this! Anyways! Till Next Chapter!
Word Count: 2782