Chapter 20: The Thought (1K Special)

Yay! We are back to the Cannon story again! Have some music to listen to while you read this! Lets do this thing! Now... Where were we...
(Ash POV)
    I woke up seeing Gold next to me along with Gary sleeping. They must've grabbed blankets from their bags, because their things I organized were thrown on the floor. I got up and made some noodles for us to eat. Explotaro who was up helped me heat up the fire. We were heading back to Kalos tonight in a private helicopter. At 9:24 They both woke up looking tired. They were barely awake. They acted a little off. Kinda silly. "Pikachu, fully wake them up with a thunderbolt please." Pikachu electrocuted them hard that they fell back XD. "Ashy-boy! What was that for!" Gary seemed mad at me. "You were acting a little silly, so I assumed you were sleep walking." I told them. I prepared us some salads to eat, and even though I'm not the biggest fan of the food, I couldn't deny my hunger. Gold and Gary stayed quiet while eating. They didn't even seem to notice me. "So... Are we gonna talk about where you went..." I asked them. They both seemed shocked. "We went for a walk... That's all..." Gold tried lying to me. I could tell, not to mention it was an awful lie. "Come on, tell me the truth. I know that was a lie." They both began to sweat. Pikachu put on a detective hat and began to glance at them (see what I did there). It was quiet for the rest of the morning. When we did finish, we began to walk to Driftveil City. We put on some disguises, and just began to walk. We were Definitely gonna arrive there in time for the helicopter. The boys stayed quiet mostly, although they seemed to be hiding something.
      As we walked past a nice looking bench, Pikachu shocked Gary. He was not prepared for the shock at all. He fell to the ground actually. "What was that for Ash!" Gary shouted at me. He grabbed a pokeball and sent out Umbreon. Gold tried to stop him, but it was no use.
Gary: "Use Shadow Ball on Pikachu!" Umbreon sent the purple ball of energy swiftly and accurately at Pikachu. "Hit it back with an iron tail!" I told my pal, and indeed he hit that thing back at Umbreon. Although the Umbreon still dodged it.
Ash: "Use an electro web to slow it down!" Pikachu fired it on top of Umbreon and it was now stuck. "Umbreon! Use swift to get out!" Umbreon broke out the net with ease, and fired a dark pulse at Pikachu which did hit directly. Gary didn't show mercy. He fired a barrage of swifts at Pikachu. That's when the floor began to glow red. Cracks were forming. It was a Blast Burn. Umbreon picked up itself with a psychic, and Pikachu quickly jumped into the air. The ground soon was full of flames, and smoke filled the air. When the smoke cleared Explotaro stood in the middle. Gold was by the bench. "Please! We shouldn't be fighting each other!" Gold tried to tell us. Yet, Gary showed no mercy. "Use psychic on Explotaro! Then send some stars at him using swift!" Umbreon quickly grabbed Explotaro and put him in the air. Then sent tons of stars at him.
Ash: "Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt on Umbreon!" Pikachu sent raging electricity towards the Umbreon. It dropped Explotaro.
Gold: "Use a Flamethrower on Umbreon!" Flames took the field as they swallowed Umbreon whole. Yet they still stood.
Umbreon and Explotaro began to charge super powerful attacks that would probably destroy everything. I quickly ran in between the two.
"Stop! There is no need for a fight! Just end it now!" The Pokémon still fired the beam directly at me. Pikachu thankfully pushed me out the way even though he is pretty tiny. The Pokémon still fought. With Pikachu at my side, I went in between the two.

"Remember what's happening guys! We have a war going on that may end the world and here we are! Here we are just fighting each other! I had a thought last night. That 100s. No. 1000s of people could be watching us. Hoping that we win or lose. Waiting to see what our next move is. Wanting to see this war through. And here we are just fighting each other! Is this what you want them to see! Those people or beings that may not be from this world watching us fight. Is that how you want them to see us?" The two actually froze. They didn't speak after what I said. The Pokémon paused their attacks. "I just wanted to know where you went that night. After all, I nearly got captured..." The two had guilty looks in their faces. Finally, Gary spoke up. "We were captured by the G-Men and Lance. They wanted to use us as subjects and experiments. Thankfully, we escaped..." I was speechless. The fact that they wanted to hide this from me did anger me too. Yet, I kept my cool. "Sorry to hear that you two. What was the experiment about? What did they want from you?" Gold instantly responded, "We don't know! We have nothing! We are just regular trainers." I know that was a lie. Yet, they were clearly hiding something. I didn't bother to ask them anything else. We continued walking. We apologized for the fight and walked on.
     When we arrived in Driftveil City. It was dark outside and the moon shined bright. Nobody was awake but the people at the Pokémon Center. We went onto the bridge. A helicopter was not seen anywhere. They must've been running late. That's when I got a text from AZ. According to him, Red was easily fooled and told him that big things were going to happen soon. The big things was vague, but at least we have a warning of something bad. "I just realized something. The Professor and Champion might be in trouble..." Gold announced. I immediately looked at him. "What do you mean!?" I yelled, but tried to keep my voice down. "When we escaped, Red tried to take us down. He sent his Charizard after us. The Champion and Professor came to our aid and protected us as we escaped. I don't know what happened to them." The thought of that made me want to scream. The helicopter soon came down to pick us up. That's when a Hyper Beam was fired at the bridge making it shake. G-Men were on both sides of the bridge. The helicopter was soon surrounded by other helicopters. I could see Lance walk up to me with his Dragonite next to him. 3 Aggrons were on each side of the bridge (6 in total), and tons of G-Men prepared for anything. "I am willing to do anything for Red, Ash. So. You will come with me. No questions." Gold stepped up to Lance. "You do not order the Leader like that! Your only a General." Lance laughed. "I won't come with you! I have issues to deal with General. Now stand down!" I said firmly. Lance snapped his fingers, and soon the G-Men and Pokemon rushed for us. The Helicopter quickly flew below the bridge at an angle we could jump into. Gary jumped first and landed safely. Pikachu battled the Aggron while we jumped. Lance was trying to hit me, but missed his punches. Gold soon jumped onto the helicopter. Now I had to get on. Finally, Lance got a hold of me. His Dragonite powered up a hyper beam. "Any last words, Ketchum!?" Lance threatened. I smiled. The boys knew I had a plan, and indeed I did. "Yeah. My last words will be, Use a Water Shuriken!" Dragonite soon got hit by a barrage of Water Shurikens and soon fired the Hyper Beam at the bridge. The bridge began to crumble and break. I quickly ran towards the helicopter. I tried to jump in, but I missed. "ASH!!" Gold yelled. I was free falling towards the water. Thankfully, Charizard came out and caught me. He flew me by the Helicopter, and I was now inside. "Thanks Buddy for the Rescue!" I told him as he returned into his Pokeball.
I looked back at the bridge. It was breaking. It crumbled into the water, and the men stood on the land. "A new thought entered my mind. Those beings that watch us must be thinking this is meh. But seeing this historical bridge break is scary. It shows what this war could mean." Gold softly said. Those beings who watch us, do they even care what happens? Or are we just pawns on a playing table. Whatever the case, we headed towards Lumiose City. I hope Professor Sycamore and Diantha are ok...
WHOO! Another chapter done! Sorry again for the lack of updates. Been feeling really sick and have a runny nose. Haven't fully healed yet, but I had the energy to write this chapter. As the name suggests, this is a 1K special. Have we really reached 1K views on this book!? Wow! That's a lot of people. Thank You for all the Support! I'll try to keep up! Next Chapter will let some other people lead. It won't be Ash as the focus. Oh no, it'll be some people you may have forgotten about... Again, would like to thank you for the 1K reads on the book. Especially the people below:
Golden-Hearted
DracorisTan
Wizard-mon
ScribbleKingdom
DracorisTan
RahulKalosChamp
Whether you read this book or not, you still inspire me to write. Not to mention, you have great books of your own which I enjoy reading. Thank you for everything! Until next time!-TimFiaXYZ
Word Count: 1852