Chapter 32: Birth of The New World

(Ash POV)
I arrived back at the Pokemon Center which was slowly being cleaned up after the riot that happened last night. Somebody was cooking some sort of delicacy in the Pokemon Center's Kitchen as the scent of food intrigued my nose. My stomach responded with a low growl.

I walked into the kitchen to see Sawyer cooking some Pancakes. Just looking at the fluffy soft pancakes finally put my mind off the war just for a moment.

"Morning Ash! I made some Morning Pancakes to get us ready for today." Sawyer explained while flipping the pancake from the frying pan with ease. I watched Sawyer's Sceptile set up the table and make the room a lot less messy. Professor Sycamore walked in and helped Sawyer bake more Pancakes, explaining to him some tips for how to improve Pancakes.

I just sat at the table quietly waiting for my breakfast to be served. I really didn't feel like cooking that morning, especially after last night which was still buzzing around in my mind. I just took this slow morning to relax before anything else comes to pass. I tried my best to ignore every explosion in the background from the old battlefield. But, of course it was rush hour on the Old Battlefield of constant trainers trying to prove their teams superior over the other. I just wanted a single hour to not be about War.

Finally, the Pancakes were Done, and I was handed a stack of them to eat. As much as I wanted to dine in immediately eat all of these pancakes in one bite, I waited on Sawyer and Professor Sycamore to sit down. Mainly because I knew Professor Sycamore wanted to pray before we eat.

"Ash, would you like to be the one who leads today?" He asked as politely as possible. I nodded my head and got into position to begin praying. The room became extremely quiet, with only the wind being able to be heard.

"Oh Lord Arceus, we Thank that you have Spared us from the dangers of War thus far and have allowed us to eat another delicious plate of food. May you continue to watch over People and Pokemon and Forgive us for waging War against each other. We wish that you'll protect us today with our goals and will continue having faith in us. Thank you Lord Arceus."

Immediately as I finished praying all three of us dug into the food, and it was delicious. It was so soft and warm as it slid down your throat. The room was full of noises that sounded pleasing. The Pokemon we had out were also enjoying their pancakes. Pikachu consistently kept nibbling on each piece of the pancake he had, Sceptile had already gone through 7 pancakes along with Garchomp, both of whom were competing with each other to see who could eat more. Meanwhile Greninja was slowly eating his Pancake. Now, Greninja's a slow eater for obvious reasons, but today he seemed a lot slower than usual. I ended up moving him to sit next to me, which must've made Pikachu slightly offended as when I saw Pikachu his eyes got huge.

"So today's plans were to find and talk to N?" Sawyer asked while talking to Professor Sycamore. We had finished our pancakes and were discussing what today's plans were.

"Precisely. If Ash thinks it's important to dedicate a day to finding him, it's something that needs to be accomplished." Professor Sycamore responded while looking at me. Immediately he started talking again,
"You'll be accompanying him, Sawyer. I have other business to attend to today. Somebody requested a meeting in the Lumiose Forests. An old ally who wished to say something to me."

"You sure this isn't a trap Professor? This whole meeting sounds very sketchy..." I expressed to him while rubbing Pikachu's Head. The Professor simply closed his eyes and nodded.

"I have a feeling this Meeting isn't war related Ash. Even so, I have calculated escape routes shall anything go wrong in that situation. I have Pokemon on standby in that area as to avoid getting captured. I didn't make it official without planning." He told me before Garchomp nuzzled against Professor's Hand.