Chapter 8: Night Bandits

Ash(POV)
I woke up at 11:32 P.M, and it had finally stopped raining. I decided to head out now before it began to pour again. I returned all of my Pokémon into their Pokeballs except Sceptile. He wanted to protect me, so I allowed him to. He still had a twig in his mouth, so we burnt out the fire and left.

Immediately, we got lost in the woods.

Everything looked the same, and I couldn't see very well. I sent out Noctowl to help me see through the night, and we eventually found our way back.

I returned Noctowl and entered the city which was still empty. I couldn't find Officer Jenny anywhere, and I still didn't know the streets very well. It felt like a ghost town.

Suddenly, Pikachu sent an electroball towards the bush. Then, a man in a Team Rocket uniform appeared. It wasn't Jessie and James, it was somebody else.

The grunt spoke, "What's a weak trainer like you doing on the streets. Shouldn't you be heading to Kalos young lad?!"

He made me angry when he said I was weak. I yelled at him, "Who you calling weak? At least I don't need help from an almighty organization to be noticeable!"

He was actually offended by me saying that and sent out a Crobat.

I knew Sceptile could handle this fairly well, so I sent him in to show that even at type disadvantage I can beat this grunt. He got pretty confident of himself telling his Crobat,
"This guy is fighting is with a type disadvantage, does he not know flying is strong against grass?" He began to laugh pretty hard.

Grunt: "Crobat, beat this pitiful trainer to the ground, use an air slash!"

Crobat swiftly made little air blades, it was kinda like an air shuriken.

Sceptile just stood there taking the hit. It was a direct hit and smoke covered Sceptile. The grunt laughed hard thinking it was already over.
When the smoke cleared, Sceptile had taken no damage. The grunts mouth went strong down and he was speechless.

Ash: "Sceptile! Use Leaf Storm!"

The bright green leaves suddenly surrounded the Crobat as it began to get unbalanced while it flew. It kept getting hit by leaves inside the storm. It was somehow still alive from taking about 20 hits, but it did have type advantage, which technically doesn't exist.

Grunt: "Crobat! Use Cross Poison!"

It flew right up to Sceptile at incredible speed. Sceptile did take damage from that attack, but not much. Finally it was my turn again.

Ash: "Sceptile! Finish this with an X-Scissor!"

Sceptile ran straight up to Crobat and got a perfect direct hit. Since Crobat has poor defense, it fainted.

The grunt freaked out and returned the Crobat.
"You may have beat me, but you can never beat team rocket!" he shouted as he began to run.

Luckily, a Machamp wearing a police cap appeared before the grunt and stopped him. Officer Jenny appeared from behind a nearby tree and hand-cuffed the man.

"Your under arrest for joining Team Rocket, Grunt! You'll be under inspection and you will be force to live in prison for 2 years!" she told him as she put him with Machamp.

"Machamp, take him to prison, or with Looker. He'll be taken care of with them" she instructed as Machamp began to run with the man.

I realized it was the same Officer Jenny from this morning, as she asked, "Ash! Why are you coming back this late at night? It's midnight and Goldenrod City is full of bandits like this one."

I explained to her that it began to rain and I had to take shelter, and that I was only heading home since it stopped raining. Plus, I told her that I made my final decision of which side I was going to choose. She was extremely excited about this and asked what side I would choose.