Chapter 10: I Choose...!

Gold(POV)
     Today's the Day... April 8th, the beginning of PokeWar Z... I looked around the room and Ash was nowhere to be seen! I panicked as I called Professor Sycamore to the room. We searched the entire Lab, but he was gone! It was currently 9:00 A.M, three more hours until it began. I wondered where Ash went. I looked at the streets to see people slowly walk to the battlefield. They had their Pokémon Partners next to them who were looking so sad and depressed. Some people were elders walking with there Pokémon as Nidokings watched them and pushed them along. The Pokémon were too weak to attack and all they wanted was peace. I headed to the Living Room to see the TV on. It showed how massive the Old Battlefield was. It has walls, and deep tunnels made to survive attacks. It was also surrounded by trees. There was already people standing there with their Pokémon. The people who wanted to truly fight for their side were in the front while the innocent people stayed in the back. People in the front had many advanced Pokémon trainer stuff while the Pokémon in the back were more peaceful and innocent, but they were forced to come and watch this. Red and Delia were nowhere to be seen. Neither were any Champions there. They must come right before the war that way people don't riot. I also didn't see any of my friends anywhere. Now I wonder where they are. Professor said that we should head out at 11:30 so that way we don't get too crowded since every person on the planet is on one spot. However, some people had medical reasons why they couldn't come, so they had them be cheerleaders instead, which is what the innocent people should be, but they aren't. I got Explotaro ready, and I only let him out so that none of my other Pokémon have to suffer. Plus, Explotaro is willing to stay by my side at all costs. Professor Sycamore was going to bring Garchomp, and he was going to help the innocent people at all cost. As for me, I will follow whatever side Ash will be on. I have a job and I will obey his every command.
"Gold! Before War begins, let's eat!" Professor Sycamore yelled for me. I went to the dinning room to find bowls of ramen soup🍜. "Before we go, let's pray to Arceus, Gold." Professor Sycamore said, and I agreed to this. "Oh Lord Arceus, I hope you aren't offended by this upcoming war, and I pray that you protect the innocent lives of the people and Pokémon who are no part in this. Instead, please let this end peacefully with no family suffering from a lost. This war may be negative, but there can still be a positive outcome. I pray that you will not lose faith in Humans and Pokémon. Some of us have an unbreakable bond that can never shatter no matter what happens. Some of us are in pain already, please mend their pain and give hope."Professor Sycamore said as we all bowed our heads. Everything he said was true. I hope nobody has to suffer a lost all because of an argument. If Ash were here, I'm sure he would give up his life for others to be happy. After we prayed, we had one last feast before the War began. The noodles were warm and went down my throat like silk. It was a great meal along with some of Professor Sycamore's Homemade Tea. The time was now 10:20.
      We had a hour to go. So, I went up to my room and prepared some war supplies. We'd stay on the battlefield for 36 hours before we could leave to other places around the world. Which, by the way was being prepared for any sudden attacks that could happen. At this point, the world was at an end. Everyone was so scared, and nobody knew how this would end. So, I grabbed many potions and revives. I also grabbed an old tent my Mom and I used to use to go camping. I left valuable stuff like my original hat that I wore as a kid in the room. There were rules to the battlefield that will be established at 11:45 today. One of them was that you are not allowed to attack any of the Professor's Lab or Else you will be eliminated along with anybody you know. So, they were safe here. I kept my photo of my entire friends and family with me as a reminder of why I am fighting. I left my ticket to anywhere in a secret place in the wall. Lastly, I grabbed a bunch of first aid for me so if I get injured somebody could go into my bag and heal me to an extent. I finished packing at 11:00. I had an extra thirty minutes, so I took time to take care of Explotaro. I fed him food that Professor Sycamore said would make him stronger. Then, I cleaned some dirt off of him, and I implanted a little chip that allows me to find him on my Pokegear. I even gave him a sitrus berry to let him heal himself. Professor Sycamore gave his Garchomp a MegaStone that allowed him to Mega Evolve him. I'm glad that he was on the same page as me, I did not want to fight that dragon type that had an extra Evolution.
Finally, it was 11:30... It was time to head out.
As soon as we opened the door, people looked at us. Professor Sycamore flew on top of Garchomp, and I ran underneath with Explotaro. People moved out of our way knowing that the Professor had been honored to be a referee, and that I was with him. The people stared at us, but the Nidokings kept pushing them along...
         We arrived at 11:40, and there were way more people than there were on TV. There was a line that separated the two teams. Many of them had flying type Pokémon that soared high in the sky watching from above. There was a section where the Professors could stand alongside Officer Jenny's. The Professors were only here to help the people, however they had to support their region only. A variety of Pokémon were here, some I've never even seen before. However, in the background, you could see the Ultimate Weapon. It looked broken, it looked as if it saw another War was starting.
Suddenly, the main person who would be keeping track of the entire war had arrived. He was given the honor from all the Champions according to the News. It was N. He was given the main role of keeping track of all the rules and keeping track of main events. He may have been from Unnova, but people knew he was special and was elected.
        "People of the World! I Welcome you to the Old Battlefield, a place full of pain and history." N announced with pure pain in his voice. You could tell he didn't like the idea of war, it must've killed him.
"Today, you will be expected to fight with your best efforts for your team. You will be forced to stay on the Old Battlefield for 36 Hours! There are rules to this however.
#1: You will fight in this War until your leader admits defeat and allows the other person to do whatever they want. So, ether Red or Delia will admit defeat, nobody else can. They also must sign a treaty to confirm this.
#2: You are not allowed to Destroy any major landmarks like the Lumiose Tower unless you want to get eliminated. Any minor buildings destroyed can be allowed, but please keep that to a minimal. Also, no attacking any labs or energy plants. Not to mention transportation.
#3: Do not attack any Officer Jenny's or Nurse Joys as they are in the neural zone and will not attack back unless provoked.
#4: Try your absolute best not to kill or injure anybody. I know that this is war, but we all have families and we don't want people to suffer..." N announced as everybody took that in.
"Now! Let us meet our leaders and generals. You may travels yourselves now. Also! No attacking! Until the hyper beams fire in the air, no attacks are allowed unless you want to get eliminated.!"
"On Team Delia! We have Bonnie, Max, Clemont,Mallow, Lillie,and Dawn as Major Soldiers/Protectors. For Team Delia's Champions, she had Cynthia and Moon. Lastly, her two Generals are Blue and Serena!"N announced as they walked up to the front lines. Serena, Blue and Delia were holding a Green Flag that had a picture of a Xerneas. Clearly showing that she cared about lives and nature.
"Now for Delia's Opponent! TEAM RED!! On Team Red, we have May, Cilan, Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana as the Front Soilders. The champions are Steven and Iris. As for the Generals, we have three of them being Misty, Brock, and Champion Lance!!" Announced N as he looked at Cilan and Iris with a sad expression. Everyone walked in with no sign of Red anywhere. They weren't even holding a Flag. Then, from the sky he flew. He flew in riding his Charizard holding his own flag. He even had his Pikachu on his shoulder, and wearing his Traditional Outfit. There he was, my old friend was there. His Flag was a Mega Charizard X that flew with a Pikachu on his back.
It was now 11:55 P.M, there was five minutes. N looked around looking for somebody, he asked a question that I had completely forgotten about, "Has ANYBODY seen Ash Ketchum!" Both Leaders shook there heads. "I haven't seen my son in forever, and he hasn't checked-in on me." Delia said while tearing up a bit. "Hmph! My son isn't even my son anymore if he doesn't join my side! I expect him to have a brain for once in a while!" Red said while everyone of his high nobles agreed with him. I began to worry about where Ash was. He hasn't arrived yet and he said he would. Then, both sides started to argue with each other and people began to scream and yell. N couldn't even calm them down, heck even the Officer Jenny's couldn't stop them. However, something appeared in the sky as it roared over the entire Battlefield. Then, you could hear sounds of a lot of Pokémon coming. That's when an army of Pokémon arrived at the battlefield. They were owned, and they look powerful for unevolved Pokémon. The arguing stopped as the man of the war appeared jumping from Charizard. Ash Ketchum Arrived.