-10-

I stared at them in disbelief, wondering how I missed so much in two weeks. The fact that Devin hadn't spoken to me all this time simply because he met a girl was something that bothered me. Obviously I liked him, but I didn't know if I even wanted to start anything with him. Our shit is complicated, and even he knows that.

The girl he was with had super light brown hair and piercing green eyes. I stared at her in complete envy. She was gorgeous, and carried just the right amount of sophistication and confidence with her. Even her outfit was stunning. I've never seen anyone pull off leggings and a sweatshirt quite like this girl, and it filled me with jealousy.
I wanted to be her in every way.

"We have to introduce ourselves." Leo said, while also staring at them.

I glared at him with a confused look. "What? No. They'll know we saw them."

"Pretend we're dating. She'll think I'm hot." Leo suggested casually.

I started laughing. "No, we're not doing that."

Charlie was eating nachos like a fucking monster behind us.
"Come on, let's say hey to them."

"Yes." Leo pressed and grabbed my hand.
"We'll back you up. You won't be alone."

I sighed as he held my hand and walked me over to them, while Charlie kept eating his nachos and walking behind us.

My legs shook as we awkwardly approached them.
Devin looked at us and waved.
"Hey, Madison."

"Hey." I waved back.
"We saw you from over there and thought we'd come introduce ourselves to your new friend."

He gave an agreeable nod and glanced at the girl.
"This is Jessica. I met her at one of my soccer practices about a month ago."

I raised an eyebrow.
"Nice to meet you, Jessica. Do you play?"

She smiled and shook her head. "I don't. My brother's the starting goalkeeper, so I'm at the practices a lot."

"Oh, cool." I nodded in response, before turning to the boys. "This is Leo and Charlie."

She looked at both of them and waved. "Good to meet you both."

"Hey, you dropped a nacho on your shirt." Charlie said while looking at her.

She made a weirded out face and then glanced down at her spotless shirt. Before she could blink, Charlie threw a nacho covered in cheese at her, leaving a giant mark on her shirt.

Leo let a laugh go helplessly, and I gaped at Charlie in disbelief. It was hard not to laugh, but I bit my tongue to contain the chuckle that was bubbling in my stomach. He's so fucking random.

"Charlie, what the actual fuck." I shoved him.
"Get help."

Jessica looked borderline pissed with all of us, but she kept her composure. She seemed to be really good at that.

"Do you think you could go get me a napkin?" she asked Charlie in a sweet voice that was clearly blocking out every inch of venom in her.

He nodded while holding back a laugh with a smirk and left to go get one. Idiot.

"Sorry about him." I apologized immediately.

"Yeah." Leo agreed. "Don't mind our friend."

She seemed highly unamused by all three of us, which I couldn't really blame her for. I'd be pissed if a random guy threw a nacho at my shirt for no goddamn reason.

Leo and I stood in silence after that, unsure of what to say. It was hard to look Devin in the eye right now. He looked almost guilty to be standing in my presence with another girl.