-20-

I sat in my room petrified to go anywhere in my own house. They were both downstairs, and I only felt safe in my bedroom with the doors locked. I can't hold a conversation with either of them when they're together. Now, they were invading a space that usually would make me feel comfortable. 

I understood Devin staying with us because of his home situation and because he pretty much grew up in our house- but it was almost weird for him to bring Jessica with him. I hated her being here, intruding on a space that feels safe and comfortable for me. Now things were awkward, and I didn't want to step outside of my room.

I heard my name being called downstairs, and my eyes widened in fear as I cursed under my breath and glanced in the mirror. I look like I haven't slept in two days, which was true and accurate. I just started rewatching Teen Wolf for the first time since highschool and Josh and I have been competing to see who can finish it first.

I went downstairs, making eye contact with Jessica, who was facing me in the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream in her hands. Devin was talking to my Dad with his back turned, and I tried to slip past them without saying anything. For some reason, I didn't feel like talking to him right now.

I found my Mom in the laundry room and she handed me a basket full of clothes for me to fold. This was something that I could do in my room to keep me occupied- which I was grateful for.

"Where's Dylan at?" I asked curiously.

Him and Devin had been attempting to patch their friendship, which I was glad about; however, it's still not exactly there yet.

Mom started another load and then gave a confused shrug. "He said he was going to get groceries with Julia. Nick's asleep in his room, though. He was up late last night."

Our house was full this week.
Dylan, Julia, and Nick were all staying here along with Devin and Jessica. Mom put them in separate rooms to prevent anyone from having sex- which was the funniest thing I had heard all day.

I started folding laundry in my room on the floor and then glanced over at the door when I heard a tiny knock.

"Come in." I said, too lazy to get up.

They knocked again.
"Can't reach.."

Nick.
I let out a sigh and opened the door for him.
He was currently in his terrible two's, which meant he invaded everything and put everything in his mouth.

"Hey Nick." I said.
"What are you doing?"

He started walking around my room, trying to decide what to touch first. Of course, he went straight for my laptop that was sitting on my bed- which he also couldn't reach. I think Dylan lets him play games on his laptop, so MacBooks are like holy grail to him now.

I sighed, knowing that there really wasn't anything for him to play with in my room.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked.

He doesn't speak a lot, which is weird.
Instead, he just sat next to me on the floor and started chewing on his fingers.

I turned on Cars- the first Disney movie I could find, and he was absolutely enthralled. Probably 30 minutes of the movie had passed, and my door opened again.

"There you are." Dylan said with Julia standing behind him. "We've been looking everywhere for you, little guy."

Nick's grin widened and he ran to Dylan excitedly.
"Daddy."

I snorted and Dylan shot me daggers.
"Is something funny, Madison?"

"Nope. Carry on." I attempted not to laugh again.