-6-

"I'm going into bag check now." I repeated myself for the fifth time and attempted to pull away from Devin.

"Don't leave me." he whined and yanked my arm.

He was just like a little kid sometimes. Always whiny and reliant on me to make decisions for him. He claims to enjoy it when I'm in charge- which quite frankly is just a weird kink of his that I don't understand.

"Madison, I changed my mind. I don't want you flying anywhere by yourself."

I laughed.
"Devin, it's too late. I'm going to the airplane now."

"Wait." he grabbed me yet again. My arm's going to have marks all over it from being yanked and grabbed.

He smiled cutely. "One more hug."

I gave in- only because he was stuck with Travone for a few days. Who knows what the two of them are going to do. They could either do something insanely stupid, or just sit around all day like fat old guys.

"I'll see you when I get back." I said.

He grinned. "Yes. I'll pick you up from the airport when you come back."

"Bye bye." I waved.

"Bye, Madison! I miss you already." he yelled out loudly.
I'm pretty sure half of the airport turned to look. My face burned with embarrassment but I continued walking nonetheless. Idiot.

The plane was small and compact and I was sitting by a young couple that enjoyed touching each other. I closed my eyes and put in earbuds for the 6 hour flight.
————————————————————————

"Bitch!!!" Josh screamed and ran towards me when I showed up at his house that evening.
"You're home!!! I missed you so much!!!! Don't leave me ever again!!!!"

"I missed you too, Joshua." I laughed and gave him the biggest hug. "Come to California with me when I fly back. You can live under my bed and I'll feed you."

"I got accepted into Auburn University in Alabama!" he exclaimed happily. "I'll be there next fall!"

I gasped and hugged him again.
"Josh, that's great! I'm so happy for you!"

Another person squeezed both of us into a tight hug and I looked behind me to find Anna wearing a huge smile.

"Maddie, you're back!!" she yelled.

Josh gave me an authoritative stare.
"Has the virgin popped her cherry yet?"

"No, Josh." I laughed and pushed him.
"I would've told you."

He put his hands up in surrender.
"You live in California with Devin Smalls. He's kind of known for being obsessed with you."

I rolled my eyes.
"We aren't even dating."

Anna's eyes widened and she looked confused.
"Wait, you're not dating? Weren't you kind of a thing right before he left for college?"

"I mean, we kissed a few times. But we never dated. He hasn't said anything about it either, and we haven't kissed since then." I shrugged.

Realistically, I like Devin a lot; however, I think we're both taking the time to explore a friendship before moving forward. I think he feels the same way.

Josh groaned.
"Seriously? Why are you so slow with it? Just fuck him already."

I laughed at his expression.
"Josh, I'm 18. Even a condom doesn't guarantee that you won't get pregnant."