-35-

I woke up from probably the deepest sleep I've ever had in my life. I'm pretty sure it was from the sex last night, which I had completely forgotten about until I laid there for a minute and remembered why I was in Devin's bed and how I ended up there.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, before staring blankly at the wall in a half asleep trance.

I slept so fucking good.

Devin wasn't in bed anymore, and I assumed that he was in the kitchen or the living room.

My legs were tangled up in the sheets, and as soon as I stepped out of the bed and onto the ground, the soreness hit me like a freight train.

The pain between my legs was actually criminal. I didn't even want to know how many bruises were left on me. You'd think I had been in a fight or something from how banged up I was. I winced at the pain.

I left Devin's room and walked into the kitchen groggily to find him sitting at his island counter on his laptop.

"Good morning." he greeted me, and I sat down next to him. "You look . . . happy."

I glared at him with a deadpan expression.
"I can't feel my legs."

He was semi-amused.
"Damn. At all?"

"Look at my thigh." I said while pulling up a piece of my shorts and revealing the dark bruises on my skin.

His eyes widened, and he let out something between a gasp and laugh.
"Someone fucked you right."

I rolled my eyes and went to open the fridge.

"Seriously though, how bad is it?" he asked, turning his attention to me and not his laptop.

I could sense slight worry in his tone, which made me feel guilty for being a bitch about it.

"It's not that bad." I partially lied.
"I think it's just first time pain."

Which might've been true. He did go pretty hard, though. I'm not gonna pretend like I wasn't into it — but I guess bruises are the price you pay for sex with Devin.

He kept staring at my legs intently. I really didn't want him to feel bad for this or overthink it.

"I'm seriously fine." I reiterated.
"And I just woke up so my body's not fully adjusted yet."

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and took a few small sips out of it, slightly cringing from the icy coldness going down my esophagus.

Devin looked at me for a second, like he was taking in everything that I said to him. Like he didn't believe me in the slightest. I'm not the best liar, in fairness.

"Why don't you get back in bed?" he suggested.
"I don't want you to be hurting all day."

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.
"No, seriously, it's okay. You wanted to hang out today."

He closed his laptop and set it to the side.
"We can hang out here instead."

I was fine with that. As long as I got to spend time with Devin, I was down for literally anything.

He stood up and walked me back into his room with him. I felt so different now — physically and emotionally. It was the strangest feeling I've ever felt in my life, and I couldn't identify how it really made me feel besides just different.