-41-

Maddie

I sat up the next morning in Devin's bed, completely naked and exhausted.

He somehow convinced me to have sex at least 8 times last night, even though I was very much just as eager as him. I also might've begged for the last 2 rounds, but whatever.

Devin pulled me back down onto the bed and pressed me against his chest, peppering the top of my head with kisses.

"Good morning, Madison."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Good morning."

"Did you sleep good?"

His tone was sweet and innocent, but he held a hint of dark amusement behind each word. In the sexiest way possible, of course.

I nodded, despite the throbbing and aching between my legs. Last night was unbelievable. I didn't even know how to look at him or speak to him the same way after being so on display only hours ago.

I was grateful to be dating an athlete — he can go all night long with no issue. His stamina was ridiculously insane, and he was still able to wake up full of energy. I, on the other hand, felt like death. Exhaustion was consuming me, and I wanted to stay in bed all day watching houses get renovated on TV.

But that wasn't an option.

"I have work in an hour." I spoke in a bitter tone.

These two weeks could not come faster. All I wanted was to be done with my job, especially after all of the crazy, toxic shit that's been going down recently. Bella, specifically, was the reason I was quitting. She's a bitch. I hate her.

Devin trailed his fingers up my cold, naked back, lightly scratching me and massaging my skin. "Skip work and stay with me."

"Wouldn't that be nice?" I kissed his neck, inhaling his manly, addictive scent, before climbing out of bed to start getting ready.

He followed me into the bathroom, staring at me in the mirror while I brushed my teeth and turned the shower on. "Yeah, it would. And I think you should consider it."

"Sterling won't like that." I admitted, before stepping into the shower.

It took him less than a second to join me, just like I knew he would. He's clingy and obsessive.

"Fuck Sterling." he replied darkly, pinning me against the cold tile wall to press a sharp, aggressive kiss to my jawline.

I giggled at his extreme hatred towards my boss. "He's the one giving me an income. So I have to respect him."

"I'm applying for medical school, baby. I'll give you an income." he mumbled, while his hands touched probably every part of my torso casually.

We were drenched from the shower water, and Devin was completely distracting me from actually taking a shower. Not surprising.

I made him turn around and mind his own business so I could wash my hair and get done. He doesn't follow rules very well, because he continued to touch me throughout the entire duration of the shower. A dark part of me didn't mind it at all, and wanted him to keep going. An even darker part of me wanted him to really touch me and send me to my knees, begging for more.