-25-

(Devin and Jessica below.)

DEVIN'S POV (finally!!)

"You're back early?" Travone eyed me suspiciously as I trudged into the kitchen two morning's after I got back. He wasn't here yesterday because he was at Faith's house all day. So he didn't even know that I was coming home.

I chuckled to myself in amusement.
"Yeah. I have soccer practices this week that I'm worried about missing."

It was partly true. Coach wants me to start next season, and that's the only thing going well for me at the moment. I'm not too optimistic and hopeful about it, though; he'll probably change his mind once next season rolls around.

"Hardworking man you are." Travone joked and buttered his toast. I leaned against the kitchen counter, watching him intently in amusement. I rarely eat breakfast, but Travone makes it every single morning, which is admirable and impressive. He always makes enough for me, and I never know if I should take it or not. It's definitely rude to decline it, but I also feel like a greedy little shit for eating the food that he spent money and time on. Not to mention, Travone cooks like a god.

"What are you up to today?" he asked while sliding a plate of bacon towards me, which he knows is my favorite.

I smiled and thanked him before actually replying to his question.
"I don't have much to do today. I'm probably gonna go run some small errands, maybe grab lunch, hang out with Jess this afternoon."

"And what type of hanging out does that allude to?"

I think I was asking about sex, but I really wasn't sure why. God, such a nosy prick.

"I don't know." I replied genuinely.
"Probably just watching a movie or something."

Travone's left eyebrow raised like he was evaluating my plan very intensively.
"Well, alright. I have a proposition for you, then."

I glared up at him with a mouth full of bacon.
"Shoot." I murmured.

"Faith and I are going on a double date tonight with her best friend and her best friend's boyfriend, and I'm worried that it's gonna be awkward as hell, man. So I was wondering if you and Jessica would want to come with us and make it, like, a triple date."

I didn't really love dates, but I would at least ask Jess about it for the sake of Tyrone. He'd do a favor for me any day, so I figured it would be right for me to do the same for him.

"I'll ask her about it." I replied with a thoughtful nod.
"Where are you guys planning to go?"

"Some restaurant— I'll be honest, I have no idea. Faith and Hattie planned it and we're supposed to just go along with it and pay." he joked.

I've only taken a girl on a date one time, and personally, it was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. Also it was the day after one of my highschool soccer games and I got like 3 muscle cramps while I was driving. And Dylan and Gilbert followed me to the restaurant and took pictures. Fucking idiots.