-17-

I think I was walking through campus faster than anyone. I parked by the bookstore earlier this morning and then walked to my creative writing class- which I figured would be a short walk.

Boy, was I wrong.

And it felt ten times longer when I was trying to get to my car and go back to my dorm. I barely got sleep last night because of how nervous and anxious I was over the job interview. All night, I was tossing and turning, and thinking about the things that I said.

I'll be sad if I don't get the job, but more realistically, I'll be embarrassed if I don't get it.
Nobody else knows about it except for Charlie, but only because he was spending a lot of time with me last week when I told him about it. In fact, he was the one who encouraged me to take the interview.

I got to my car and locked the doors before literally leaning back in the seat and closing my eyes for a minute. I turned the air on and took probably a 5 minute power nap before my phone started ringing.

Dylan.

Quite honestly the last person who I feel like talking to right now, just because I know whatever he's gonna say is about to be stupid.

I answered, though, like a good person.

"Hello." I sighed.

"HEY."

I stared at my front windshield, waiting for him to proceed in the conversation. I can't stand when I answer somebody's call and then they wait for me to start the conversation. I wasn't the one who called, which means I don't have anything to fucking say.

"Talk or I'm hanging up." I snapped.

He started laughing through the phone.
"That was fucking aggressive for no reason. Why can't I just call to have a conversation with you, Madison? Jesus, we live across the country from each other and we only talk to each other during Christmas time."

"Not my fault." I pointed out.
"Plus, I kind of enjoy the long periods of silence from you. Keeps me at peace for a while."

"You're a bitch." he replied in a dry tone.

This time, I laughed.

"What are you doing right now?" he asked like an annoying kid.

I glanced out the window again, as if he could visually see. "I just got done with my classes for today. I was trying to take a nap when you called. Asshole."

"In your car?" he laughed.
"Why don't you just drive home? You live like 5 minutes away if there's traffic."

I mentally groaned.
"Because I need a minute. That's why."

He let out a snort. "What a fucking lazy ass."

I ignored him and started driving home, to which he started talking about his own life.

"Look at my dorm. I bet your dorm isn't this nice, is it? That's Princeton luxuries, bitch. You can't get this shit anywhere else."

"You're an athlete." I rolled my eyes.
"Athletes get treated like royalty at colleges."

"That you are correct." he smiled proudly.

He flipped his camera around randomly, showing a random dog that was on his bed. Of course, he got a dog.

"Are dogs even allowed?" I asked.

He let out a laugh. "No. Not at all. But don't worry, Nathaniel's no snitch."

"Is Nathaniel your roommates name, or the dog's name?"

"Roommate." he corrected me.
"The dog's name is Twerk."