-3-

Devin nudged me to the side of the walkway with a small smile on his lips as a car drove by.

"What?" I laughed.

He pointed to the car, that was past us at this point.
"Didn't want you to get hit by a car. That would be catastrophic- and funny." he added.

I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of him.
This fucker still hadn't said a single word about him completely missing the morning of my first day.
If I'm being honest, he probably has no idea. Idiot.

"Hey, someone's moody today." he jogged to catch up with me.
"Are you on your period?"

"No, I'm not on my period."

He seemed confused, nonetheless. God, this guy is completely oblivious to everything going on around him.

"You're hungry. That's it." he snapped his fingers, and kept following behind me.
"You should've said something. I'm hungry too."

"We ate before we left your apartment." I pointed out, amused.

He shook his head.
"I ate a cinnamon roll. That's like the equivalent of a crumb."

I laughed, and turned around.
"I'm not moody, by the way."

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows.
"I thought you were mad at me for something."

He's actually an idiot.

I shook my head and let out a chuckle.
It probably isn't even worth it to tell him at this point.

"So... Taco Bell?" he pointed to across the street.

My face lit up as we entered the building and I stared intently at the menu, knowing good and well I would be ordering the same thing that I get everytime.

"Two Crunchwrap Supremes and a large Baja Blast, please."

"Can I get the Burrito Supreme combo?" Devin asked.

The cashier put our order in and then handed us our cups.

"What are you doing tonight?" Devin asked, as if expecting my schedule to be full or something. He's basically my only friend here, so there isn't much to assume.

I gave him a humorous glare.
"What do you think? How many parties do I normally attend?"

"You've been to a few, in fairness."

I rolled my eyes, as I grabbed our food. Devin opened the door for me almost immediately, and we continued on our walk back to my dorm.

"But seriously," he said while we were outside.
"Tomorrow's your first day and I figured I could show you around campus tonight so you'd know where to go tomorrow."

Oh, God.
He got the days messed up.

I couldn't tell him that ever, though. He'd feel awful.

Instead, I nodded my head to keep his grin from fading away.
"Definitely! You know how easily I get lost."

He gave a light laugh.
"I'll never forget how many times you would walk into my chemistry class at Merriton thinking that it was psychology."

The memories replayed in my mind and I felt nostalgic.
Highschool wasn't that long ago- but highschool with Dylan and Devin was.
Sometimes I forget about the ridiculous times we had together, but my millions of photo files on my computer always help me reminisce.

We went into my dorm, where my roommate was cooking something in the kitchen. I gave her a smile and waved, before going into my room, with Devin following behind me.