-9-

"Did he see you?" I couldn't help but laugh at the insane amount of panic in his tone.

Charlie snorted. "Definitely. We were the only ones in the locker room. He was talking to coach."

"I really don't understand how you've been here for 2 years and haven't seen him until now." I laughed. "That makes no sense."

He flashed me a scowl. "If there's one thing to know about me, Maddie, it's that I don't fucking pay attention to any of my surroundings. In fact, I couldn't care less."

"That's a dangerous characteristic." Leo commented while climbing into the driver's seat of Charlie's car.

We went to the park to see the weird play that Leo was so invested in. I'll admit, the plot line was pretty good, but the acting was just flat out horrible. Charlie and I made jokes through the entirety of it, and Leo kept telling us to shut up.

Charlie drove me to Devin's apartment later that night, and when I opened the door, Travone was on the couch with a girl watching a movie.

"Is that Maddie?" he gasped and jumped up.
"Welcome!"

The girl chuckled at his enthusiasm. She was extremely beautiful with golden brown skin and pale green eyes. Her hair was curly and long, and she was rocking a t-shirt and shorts.

"This is Faith." Travone smiled and pointed to her. "She's one of my good friends."

I gave a polite wave. "Nice to meet you, Faith."

She waved back with a grin. "You too. I love your jeans."

I glanced down at the jeans that Julia, Dylan's girlfriend, had left at our house a few months ago. They fit me perfectly, and she insisted that I keep them because of that.

"Thanks. I love your eyes — holy shit." I complimented her. Seriously, this girl was stunning.

She grinned after I said this, and Travone let out an involuntary snort at our girlish interaction.

"He's in his room, by the way. I think he's on the phone with someone." he informed me.

Faith's eyebrows raised in shock.
"You and Devin?"

"No! No. Absolutely not. Don't listen to anything that Travone's told you." I panicked. "He just says things sometimes."

Faith started laughing. "It's true. He faked an engagement with me at a restaurant a few months ago so we could get free cake."

"Okay, but that cake was fucking scrumptious. You can't deny it." he turned to her.

She nodded her head while still laughing. "It was so good."

Devin came out of his room a few minutes later to greet me. He invited me over super randomly, but I knew we'd be having a good ass time regardless. We always do.

"You've met Faith, I assume?" he smiled while opening the fridge and pulling out a water bottle.

"Yeah, you didn't tell me she was hot as fuck."

Faith was grinning from ear to ear. "And neither of you grimy shits told me that Maddie was the most beautiful woman to ever grace my presence."

I laughed in response and Travone let out a chuckle.

"Devin's made sure to tell me." he muttered, like he knew he wasn't supposed to say it out loud.

Devin rolled his eyes. "Fuck off. We're going to pick up food. Let's go."

He turned to me and we both made our way to the door to leave. I walked in front of him, and he lightly placed his hand on the small of my back, making butterflies appear in my stomach.