-8-

"You didn't take pictures??" Devin groaned.

"No."

He was sitting on my bedroom floor while I was sitting on my bed typing up an essay for one of my classes.

"Put the dress on and show me how it looked." he demanded with a sly grin on his face.

"No."

He sighed. "Why not? I bought it for you so I could see you wear it."

"I left it at home so Anna could wear it." I said.

He stared at me like he couldn't believe this.
"What? No way."

I completely ignored him and kept working on my essay, just to see what his reaction would be.

"Madison, you're being boring." he groaned and laid down next to me on the bed.
"Let's go do something. Let's go on an adventure."

"I cant. I'm doing school work." I showed him my screen, and without a blink of hesitation, he slammed my laptop shut and took it from me.

He shoved the laptop under a pillow.
"You can do school work later. Let's go to the library."

"Devin, it's 10:00 at night. The library's closed."

"Not the Stanford library." he grinned eagerly.
"It's open 24 hours."

I gave him an unamused look. "Why would I go to the library when I have a big textbook right in front of me that I need to read so I don't fail out of college?"

"Because you'll get to hang out with me." he smiled, and regardless of how fucking hard he was making it to resist- I had my priorities straight.

"No."

He gave me a pleading look and then grabbed my hand out of desperation. "It'll be fast. Please. And then I'll let you study as much as you want."

"Devin, no." I snapped.
"I missed a ton of work while I was gone and I'm not making bad grades while I'm here. I can't do that."

He sighed in defeat and then watched as I kept typing like an amazed little kid or something. For a while, everything was pretty quiet, until he started laughing hysterically about a certain word that I used.

"Devin.." I gave him a concerned look.
"I appreciate your friendly presence, but if you don't shut the hell up I'm going to lock you in my closet."

He was still laughing his ass off. "Please don't do that. I'll shut up, I promise."

I nodded and continued to write.
Only minutes later, he started watching Criminal Minds on his phone. He did; however, lay on the opposite side of the bed so he wouldn't bother me as much.

This fucker.

"Robert Devin Smalls."

He gave me a wide eyed look. "Holy christ, Madison, you sound like my mother."

"Get in the closet." I demanded.

He gaped. "What- no."

I pushed him off my bed and then walked him over to the
closet door.

"Don't worry I'm almost done." I said in a sweet innocent tone.

He laughed before I shut the door. "You're a bitch."
——————————————————————

I waited outside of the chemistry lab building for Leo. He had classes early this morning and was off of work for today, so we agreed to hang out.