Prologue

Prologue

                The fire flames licked the air, as if trying to reach the stars to which they belonged. The tall brunette pulled off her gloves, warming her fingers, and hanging the gloves to dry. It had been a long day, and a storm was coming for the mountain. The log on which she sat upon was an old companion of hers; she came out into the bitter wind chill to be alone. She glanced up at the sky, as if to remind her how alone she really was. Not many lived in the Ice Clan, very few knew how to survive the harsh winters on top of the mountain.

                Dangers lurked everywhere; mountain lions, wolves, storms with winds so strong they could blow you off the mountain, chills so cold that you would freeze to death after only an hour. But Athena was built for a tough world. It was who she was; a survivor, a killer, a warrior. The forests below were dark, though the sunlight was starting to show on the peak of the mountain, a few kilometers up from where Athena was. There were still stars in the sky, but the darkness was fading into a dark blue.

                She looked again at the ominous stars, so far away, so mysterious. They twinkled, but remained still. Then all at once, one of them was moving. Athena rose, her spear in her hand within seconds. The cold metal on her hand made her shiver, but the moving star above her made her feel threatened. She had heard legends of moving stars or blinking stars in the past, but they had all since stopped before she was even born.

                As it grew larger, she realized that this was no star.

                Whatever it was, it was going to cause absolute chaos with the clans. She saw it burst into bright flames, and then it rocketed down towards the forests. The forests that were where the Wood Clan resided. Athena pondered, wondering if she should go down there.

                A hand on her shoulder startled her, but it was only Aslan.

                “What is it?” She growled.

                “I do not know.”

                “Find out.” She commanded her mate.

Can't believe I'm starting another The 100 fan fiction! I will be starting the first chapter around the time when Lincoln is taken as prisoner with the 100, and then follow the story line slightly. I'm taking a different approach than Wounds, and I hope it works out. Feedback would be great!