Chapter 49

"Well?" Athena asked Bellamy; since she spoke to Lexa alone about their plan, Bellamy went to Clarke. With all eyes looking to her to lead, Athena knew that having another stranger come to her and throw a decision on her might break her down. So she sent Bellamy in, someone who shared leadership with her often, someone who she had trusted to make battle plans with. Someone who had kept her and the others alive.

"She seemed unsure about it at first, but I think she has lost too much recently."

"She doesn't want to lose you." Athena realized.

Bellamy leaned over the end of the bed; they were currently in their cell on the Ark. His elbows dug into his thighs just above his knees as he put his hands together, resting his head on his hands. Hs forearms flexed to accumulate the pressure. He was healing well; both from the fights he had been in and from the remaining wounds from the battle. His face would have scars that would fade in time, but never truly disappear. He was a man beyond his years, and it showed, in a good way.

"Since they've contacted Jasper, they know that this is the only plan that will stop the acid fog." Bellamy continued, "We're going in tomorrow."

"Give me the run-through."

"Again?"

"Again."

Bellamy sighed; he knew that Athena didn't truly understand computers and the technologies that the Arkers and the Mountain Men shared, and that would become an issue if the two were separated. Chances were, they would have to separate in order to prevent concern and suspicion from the people within the mountain.

"Dressed as Grounders and Lincoln as a Reaper, he brings us through the mines to Mount Weather's opening. When the guards come out, there will be a few with guns, those are the ones we have to go to first; once we have the guns, we can kill any other Reapers around, and we will have weapons from then on. I know you're people disagree with guns-"

"The Wood Clans do." She said, "A weapon is a weapon; survival is survival."

He smiled, "I feel safer already."

"Go on."

He cleared his throat, "Once we are in, we have to find the grounders, my people, and the control room. If we get in unnoticed, this will be easy enough in our disguises. We'll have to do the safest things first, and move to the more risky things after. First we have to find Jasper, or anyone of my people who are still there. They can help us, they have maps of the place, we'll be able to use our radios to contact Raven as well. After that, we need to find the Grounders, we need to tell them the plan, and we need to break them free when the time is right." He took a deep breath, "Then, we get into the control center and we stop the fog. That's when the army comes; we are trying to do this with minimal casualties."

"Not usually my style." Athena growled.

Bellamy raised his eyebrows, "Athena..."

"But-" She rolled her eyes and grinned lightly, "I will do my best."