Chapter 31

Athena rested on the metal of the Ark, as she was given nothing to sleep on. She wasn’t even given a change of clothing, though she would have denied their charity anyways. This was the type of neglect that she didn’t mind; her capturers were ignoring her because they had nothing else to say to her just yet. It gave her time to think about what she wanted to give, and what she was going to withhold. They had not told her anything about Bellamy except that he was a criminal, but she knew that before she met him. He had been her kill of the night, but she never had it in her to kill him.

                It was around midnight, Athena judged the time by the moonlight pouring in through the window above her, when Abby came for her. She had tried to pop open a window, but it had survived a crash from space, and there was no way her weakened force could bust it. The Ark was nearly indestructible, and she was trapped within its metal grasp. Abby’s hair was pulled back from her face, revealing more of her stress and laugh lines than Athena had seen before. The woman looked little like her daughter, but she had a sort of elegance to her that Athena didn’t see on Earth.

                On Earth, everything was survival. There was no time to prep, to be prim, or flaunt of beauty. You covered up, kept yourself safe from the various things that were trying to kill you. Snow, wind, rain, heat, Reapers, other clans, rogue fighters, animals, acid fog. Earth itself was a test; could the Sky People survive it?

                “Sorry I’m here so late.” Abby said, and Athena noticed that she had no weaponry. “I had to tend to Raven, she’ll pull through, but she might not walk again.”

                Athena nodded; even though Raven had been the one to shoot her on the bridge, she held no grudge against her. She had been protecting the people she cared about, even if it had been a stupid decision. It was Jasper that initiated it, and Raven just pulled through following orders, like a true warrior. Athena respected that, to a degree.

                “May I see your ribs?” Abby asked, “That gauze is looking foul.”

                “May I see Bellamy?”

                Abby’s smile tightened, her eyes locked with Athena’s. “I’m sorry, I have very little authority here.”

                Athena grimaced, but she wasn’t going to turn down medical attention. If she was weak, she couldn’t fight, and she had a feeling the fight from the other night was far from over. There were more Sky People, and there would soon be more Grounders.

                “Bellamy seems to think your people took my daughter and the others.” Abby said as she snipped at the gauze, peeling it off with flakes of skin and puss. “Kane says you say otherwise, but he isn’t sure if it is a tactic on your part.”

                “I do not live among the people here, they are not my people, and they did not take your daughter.” She stated. “My home is in the mountains, north from here.”

                “So who took the kids?”

                “I can’t tell you that.” Athena needed that, she needed to hold onto it.

                Abby cleaned the wound, re-wrapped it and left new clothes for Athena. When she left, nothing more between them had been exchanged. She wasn’t going to waste her time begging Athena, she knew better. Athena slid into the tight new clothes, feeling completely masqueraded as she had the first time she had put on their clothing, back when she was going in to save Lincoln. She glanced again at the food she had been given, it looked worse now that she had left it for a few hours, and decided that she could go another few hours without food. Days, if she had to.

                She slept through the next hour, though it was terribly uncomfortable. The sound of the hydraulic doors opening and heavy footsteps vibrating through her body woke her, and she opened her eyes, glowering at the person coming towards her. When she saw that it was in a quickened and aggressive manner, Athena sat up and got to her feet, raising her fists towards Kane. He pulled out his Taser and it sparked, and when Athena didn’t back down, he forced it at her. She ducked it, having plenty of experience avoiding swords, blades and spears.

                He got her as she spun out of the first blow, knocking her to the ground, writhing uncontrollably until the taser was removed from her body. She crawled away, ready to stand again, but there was something that told her to just remain still, to see what he wanted. She grimaced at him, rising to her feet again, but not coming from him.

                “Three of my men were just found nailed to trees, one of them is barely hanging on!” He screamed at her, “I’ve got half a mind to string you up for them to find you like that.”

                She raised a lip, bearing her teeth. “You have no idea what you are getting into.”

                “So tell me!”

                “Everything was fine before you arrived, before you sent those children down. Now you’ve woken a force that you will not be able to defeat. You think we are the threat, but you are so wrong.”

                “These are not answers.” He growled, the taser sparking again.

                “I’ve been trained to withstand torture.” She said.

                “You, maybe. Bellamy? I don’t think he has the stomach for torture.” Kane turned around and headed for the door.

                Athena lunged at Kane, ready to rip his throat out for even threatening to touch Bellamy, but he expected the attack and spun, tasering her until she was immobile, gasping for air on the ground of the Ark. He slid out the clear door, disappearing down the hall. Athena shuddered in pain, but it went away quickly. Once the taser itself was removed from her, it was only an aftershock of the pain, but it still made her muscles twitch. She rose to her feet and began pounding on the door, as if she was doing herself any good. They had found her weakness even though she had shown them nothing.

Oh my goodness I am dead tired! The concert was fucking brillaint. Man, no matter how unattractive Marilyn Manson is, I would bang him in a second. He has so much fucking sex appeal. Contemplating writing a MM one shot for myself. *shudders*. Anyways, I posted on both days I didn't think I could post, because I'm dedicated to making you guys happy with my writing! Also, I am getting a lot of votes on this story, so I will no long just be dedicating to the people who vote. Only people who vote, comment or message get dedications now.