Chapter 15

Athena turned, the intent was to head back to her camp. But something stopped her, something prevented her from taking another step. A slight huff of frustration slipped from her lips and she lowered her head, feeling ashamed or something along those lines. There was a burning feeling in her chest that she could not explain, though she knew it was no medical issue. It had something to do with Bellamy, but she couldn’t explain what it was for the life of her.

She’d been with Aslan for so long and she had not felt like this, and that scared her.

“Athena, are you okay?” Bellamy asked after she had stood there for an uncomfortable amount of time.

She half growled, half sighed. She turned on her heel and walked over to the young man; at first he looked worried, that she was going to kill him, but in reality, she wasn’t sure of how to show her desire for intimacy with anyone other than Aslan. She pushed Bellamy against a large Oak tree and slammed her lips against his, just to see if that feeling she had in her chest would go away, or even come back stronger. If the latter were the case, she would finally know what was happening to her, what this feeling was.

Bellamy kissed back, reaching his hands over his head and pulling his gun off of his back; he tossed it to the ground and wrapped his arms around Athena. She ran her hand through his dark brown hair and her other hand pulled at the zipper on his jacket. Bellamy, clearly a dominant person, pushed Athena back so that he was not trapped between her and the tree. Out of instinct, Athena wrapped her leg around his, tripping him. He fell to the ground and Athena grinned; her and Aslan were always playful like that, as if it were a fight rather than sex. She straddled his hips and pressed her hands to his chest, a grin on her lips as she looked down at him.

Bellamy saw the game that she was playing and pushed her over, gaining control. When he was on top, he leaned down and kissed her, not getting enough of her. Though it seemed as though suddenly the two of them were not truly at war, and there was not going to be a slaughter in the next few days, Athena knew in the back of her mind that this was a bad idea. Sometimes, though, bad ideas didn’t always have bad consequences, and she wasn’t intending on stopping.

As clothing was removed, scattered over the forest floor, Athena found herself looking up at Bellamy, her hand reaching up and touching his cheek as if to see if he were real. Their eyes locked and Bellamy leaned down to kiss her as he slid between her thighs; the carnal actions and emotions between them were strictly instinctual, or at least that was what she told herself as she lost herself in the lust of Bellamy. She scratched her nails down his back, then ran her fingers up his hard stomach. Lifting her hips, moving in time with Bellamy, she rolled him over so that she was on top.

Placing her hands on his chest, she lifted up and down, lolling her head back and looking up at the bright moon; a sheer cloud covered it, making it look ominous. Athena moaned as Bellamy lifted his hips against her bringing her hips down; their staggered movements making the sex seem more rugged, more authentic. She moaned, her eyes still on the moon, as if she were a wolf calling for its pack. A shudder ran through her body as she reached her climax. She ran her hands up her own body, clutching her breasts tightly, leaving nail marks. The sight of her caused Bellamy to reach his peak as well.

Athena collapsed on top of Bellamy, soaking up his warm skin, her head resting on his chest. The feeling in her own chest had increased, and she knew, vaguely, what it meant now. Resting her brown eyes, she tried to forget everything that was happening between them, between the Sky People and the Wood Clan. If she could fix it, she would, but she couldn’t. Instead, she was making it worse by being with Bellamy. She would be coming at him with a spear within the next sunrise, she would be forced to kill his people.

Bellamy sighed, as if he was reading her thoughts; his thoughts had to be quite similar, as war was not something one could ignore. He reached his hand up and wrapped it around Athena’s naked body, holding her close for as long as he could. What he was feeling, Athena did not know, but if it was even remotely similar to what she was feeling, this war was going to be tragic.

“Tell me something.” Bellamy breathed.

“Hm?” Athena replied.

“Would you leave?” He asked.

“Leave?”

“With me, would you leave? Hypothetically, of course.”

She didn’t know what ‘hypothetically meant’, but she was able to understand it. She thought about it; how easy it would be to pack up and leave with Bellamy. But she didn’t know him, not as well as she wanted to. The thing was, all she knew was war, and it was what she was good at. Running away was atrocious in her opinion, no matter what changed between her over the last few weeks. “No.”

“No?” He tucked one hand underneath his head, looking up at the sky. “Why not?”

“Your people look to you as a leader.”

“They look at Clarke now.”

“And Clarke needs you.” Athena speculated. “No one can lead alone. That is why we have seconds in command. People to tell you if you are being too cruel or too soft.”

“Can you tell Anya she is being too cruel?”

Athena scoffed, “I am not part of this clan.”

“You aren’t?”

“I’m from the Ice Clan, up in the mountains.”

“So why not go back there?”

“It’s complicated.” She said; the truce made with the other clans was still fragile and delicate.

“I couldn’t leave either.” He admitted, “I’m not their leader, but I do care about them, all of them.”

“I should go.” Athena sat up, reaching for her clothing.

Bellamy mimicked her actions. “Don’t fight tomorrow.”

She flickered her brown eyes up to him, “I have to.”

“Please… Just don’t.”

Athena narrowed her eyes; what wasn’t he telling her? Did they have some plan to stop three hundred of Anya’s best warriors? She didn’t know, but he wouldn’t tell her; it would put their entire plan at too much risk. Or he could be bluffing, tricking Athena into thinking she could trust him, getting her to relay back her thoughts on what they might be planning to Anya, stopping the war through Bellamy’s bluff. She smiled, though it was very forced. “I have to.” She repeated.

I wasn't intending for a sex scene here, so if it does seem a bit hasty or sudden, that is exactly what it was. I wanted Athena to have a stronger connection with Bellamy before the end of the show, and to create some issues with Aslan. And I figured people would want some of this sooner than later.