Chapter 46

"Well, well." Aslan rose, wearing no shirt. "Don't tell me this is the one you left for."

"I left for all of them." Athena stepped aside and Bellamy entered the tent, ducking his head under the small door, and then looking up at Aslan. He was a lot larger than Bellamy, both in height and muscle. However, Athena knew that he was harmless unless provoked.

"And you are?" Bellamy asked, his tone sturdy.

Athena could see that introducing them was a bad idea, but it was too late to back down now. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised her eyes at Aslan, but he was too focused on Bellamy to see her expression. If she interfered, there would be tension remaining, and so she decided that she was going to have to let this play out. Of course, if things got violent she would stop it, but a bit of banter never hurt anyone who was tough enough to take it. Both of these men were able to take some growling and harsh words if it came to that.

"Her mate." Aslan nodded towards Athena.

Bellamy scoffed, "Then there are some things you might not want to know."

Aslan laughed, it came from his throat and it shuddered through the tent. "I'm surprised a scrawny little shrimp like you can handle her."

"I'm surprised she was attracted to an oaf like you." Bellamy's hand slipped down to where a gun would have sat, but there was none; he was weaponless and if it came down to a fight he would not win. Aslan had no intent of fighting, Athena knew him well enough to be able to see that, but Bellamy was not in his realm.

Aslan stepped closer to Bellamy, towering over him and still with that little smirk on his lips. That smirk would have once made Athena shudder, to throw her arms around him. Now all it made her do was feel antsy, but that was because Bellamy was there. Words wouldn't hurt these two, at least they would not penetrate Aslan's thick skin.

"As, can you leave?" Athena asked, her native tongue springing out without thinking about it. She always spoke her tongue when she could, even if there was company that didn't speak it. Bellamy didn't seem to mind; his dark eyes were still locked on Aslan.

"Sure thing." He growled playfully, walking around Bellamy but ensuring that he hit him in the shoulder along the way. Athena's gaze followed Aslan, a grimace on her lips and her eyes narrowed darkly. He had intentionally made things uncomfortable for Bellamy, but Athena knew it was her fault they even met. It was better to get it over with now than on the battle field.

Bellamy was puffed out like a dominant animal ready to fight. "He's quite the fellow."

Athena scoffed quietly. "He's harmless."

"Did you see the size of him?" Bellamy shook his head, and then dropped his guard. He softened his gaze as he glanced around the tent. "You're right, this is much nicer than a cell."

Athena smiled a smug grin; she always found satisfaction in the little successful things she did. She pulled her shirt off and tossed it to the table, and then slid out of her pants and boots. Sliding underneath the warm, soft covers, she rested her eyes for the first time in a while. Her shoulders were swollen and tender, but a good nights rest would be all she needed. As long as there was no fighting and battles within the next two days, she would recover fully and have full range of motion again. Bellamy slid into the covers and wrapped his arm around her, his lips finding the soft crook of her neck.

Athena sighed deeply, closing her eyes and pushing herself against Bellamy, who was wrapped around her from behind. His hands trailed down her curves, sliding around the front of her muscular thigh and gripping tightly. He massaged her inner thigh and she felt like she was melting into a puddle at his touch. As his hands moved closer to her womanhood, she began to move her hips against him in a small circular motion. She could feel him growing hard against her touch. A small gasp slipped from her lips as his fingers moved within her, slowly at first, pulling her hard against his body.

He reached down and gripped his manhood, sliding it within her from behind, then brought his hands up to her breasts. She rocked her hips as he did, their bodies as close as they could possibly be, with no air between them. Her soft moans filled the tent along with Bellamy's heavy breathing. His hands caressed her entire body, moving up and down from her hips to her neck. Wrapped together in their own limbs, they allowed bliss to consume them as they forgot the days events that would haunt the dreams of many. Regardless of what had happened and would come to happen in the near future, Athena felt all that worry drain from her as her breath hitched and pleasure took over her from head to toe.

As the pleasure high diminished swiftly, Athena felt all the worries flood back in. She sighed, resting against Bellamy and closing her eyes. His fingertips trailed all over her body, giving her shivers but it felt too good to stop. Another day had come and gone, and she had made it through with her head upon her shoulders. On the mountain, that meant it was a good day. More good than bad had occurred in this last day, she knew it, but she couldn't shake the feeling that the end was not near for the stress and chaos that came with war.

It was only just the beginning. The beginning of a path that Athena was prepared to go down, even if that meant going into Mount Weather posing as someone she wasn't. Before, Athena had always covered herself, and protected those around her, and never expected anyone to watch her back. Now she would have to go into a potential death trap and she would be relying on Bellamy to watch out for her, and something about that did not sit right with her. She didn't sleep well, as if there were impending doom coming down on her.

Okay, so exciting (or sad) news! I write notes in my little notebook to guide me as I write (little things like what I want to mention, or what episode I'll be on when I write a certain scene) and I've reached the end of the story through those notes! Don't worry though, though the notes are point form, it is about two more pages worth of notes, which means a good handful of chapters before this story comes to a close. I will be ending it at the end of the season (give or take a little bit of time) and there will be no sequel, but I want to thank all of you who have been here for the long run. Your comments on every chapter, big or small, have really made me keep going. Over the last few busy weeks I have been feeling less and less in a writing mood, but last night I was up for hours thinking about how I want this all to play out, and I promise it will end with a bang! <3 Much love from Sabrina.