39. Nightmare

My P.O.V.

"What did you do to her?" I think I heard Jorel's voice as I was slowly opening my eyes. "Answer me, you morons!" He yelled and then I was one hundred percent sure it was him. Where were we?

"Don't be so dramatic, boy! She's waking up," someone I couldn't recognize responded to him. Just then I realized I couldn't move. My arms and legs were tied up. Shit!

As I finally felt self-conscious I looked around the place noticing two masked men around. My back was pressed against something, or rather someone.

The place looked dark and creepy like an abandoned warehouse or a basemen, at least from what I was able to notice at that moment.

"Please, be fine," I heard Jorel again and just then I realized he was the one tied up right behind me. I just wanted to touch him, to feel his arms around me, still being unsure of what was happening.

"Jorel... What's going on here?" I whispered hoping he could hear me. I couldn't even look at those other dudes; they were already freaking me out.

"What I feared the most," he whispered back to me and the masked guys threw glances at us. "Please tell me you're feeling okay..." His voice was cracking.

"Hey, no chatting you two!" One of them shouted. "Soon you'll be dead anyway!" He added and I felt chills throughout my whole body.

"No, we won't be!" Jay responded confidently and I had trust in him that we'd get through this nightmare together. "You've had plenty of time to hurt us, but you haven't. You don't really want us dead... Am I right, Matthew?"

Wait... Matthew as in Matt Da Kurlzz? Did I even hear him right?

I was even more shocked than before waiting for the masked guy to respond.

"You really thought I wouldn't figure you out?" Jorel continued. "Mask off! Game over, Da Kurlzz!"

Without any hesitation, the guy revealed himself.

"Oh, God..." I whispered as I realized who it was. "What did we ever do to you?" Somehow I screamed through the tears.

I couldn't believe it, Jorel was right. It was Da Kurlzz all along!

"You didn't do anything, hon," he finally spoke. "But Jay ruined our lives and now he has to pay for it!"

"I ruined it? Hah," Jorel talked back to him. "Man, I gave you everything! You were like a brother to me."

"See, that's the problem! You act like you're the one who gave me something; like you're the superior one!" Da Kurlzz was even more furious. "I didn't wanna live in your shadow and play drums in the back all the time!"

It was getting ridiculous. I'd never assumed that he could be this psychopathic devil.

"Hey, you chose to be a drummer in the back! And you chose to leave the band and go solo! Don't you dare accuse me of your life choices!" Surprisingly, Jorel was handling it well while I just stayed silent in disbelief.

"It's not just about me!" Da Kurlzz screamed. "It's about-"

"Dude, not now!" The other guy interrupted him and at that moment, I recognized his voice. I wasn't sure if it would be better to stay silent and pretend I didn't know who it was, but as always, I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

"I know who you are!" I looked right through him. He and Da Kurlzz exchanged a look and it seemed like Da Kurlzz was the one in charge permitting him to take his mask off.

"Wait, you know him and I don't?" I heard Jorel behind me. I tried to turn my head around and face him but it was freakishly hard to do so in this position.

"Of course she knows me," the guy chuckled and then finally took his mask off.  "And I thought you'd realize even sooner, dollface," Ryan commented and my head started filling with so many questions, wondering if anything he had ever told me was true.

"Dude, what the fuck? You don't even know me!" Jorel started yelling. "It doesn't make sense!" He was so confused and so was I. Like, why would Ryan be a part of this?

"And I just wanna know if you lied to me the whole time!" I added feeling both pissed and disappointed.

"Of course I didn't, dollface," Ryan responded. "Remember the band that offered me to be their photographer? What I didn't tell you was who they were and what they asked me to do in return..." His answer disappointed me even more.

"I cannot believe this! I considered you my friend, goddamn it!" At this point I didn't care that I was kidnapped and tied up and gotten death threats; the only thing that broke me was that I trusted someone I shouldn't have. "Did you even like me?" I asked desperately.

"I'm rolling my eyes here!" I heard Jorel behind me which reminded me of his jealous moments and little arguments. "You're so pathetic for taking this silly job just to break the two of us apart!" I could feel Jorel's anger when he referred to Ryan.

"Your girl's lips brushed against mine though," Ryan remarked cynically.

"I only did it to make Jorel jealous and you know it!" And then my anger started showing too.

"Enough of this bullshit!" Da Kurlzz shouted. "We don't have time for any more discussion!"

"Stop acting like you're in charge!" Ryan screamed back at him and goddamnit, they both looked crazy.

"Hey, I've been a part of this way longer than you! You weak ass idiot couldn't even kidnap her by yourself!" After Matt's words, it became clearer what happened to me. "I had to do your dirty work too!"

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Another three masked men made the entrance when the one in the middle shouted.

Five of them versus two of us... It can't end well...

"Who the hell is that?" I asked in fear, waiting for Jorel's response.

"I am your worst nightmare!" This dude tried to sound dramatic while taking his mask off.

"No! It can't be..." Jorel was clearly surprised. "It's fucking impossible!"

The dude smirked at us. "Welcome to the Big Deuce show!"