23. Bang Bang

My P.O.V.

I joined the guys shortly after, still trying to stay away from Jorel as much as possible.

"You must be the new drummer!" Matt said the second he saw me.

"Well, they wish!" I joked.

"You know you can join us any time," Charlie commented and I just chuckled.

I took a seat between Danny and Dylan just so I wouldn't have to face Jorel.

"Funny how the moment I left, you choose to bring a fan on tour," Matt stated. "Is it too lonely without me here?"

"Actually, we finally found the inner peace without you," Jorel responded sarcastically.

"Don't listen to him," Johnny commented. "He's vegan after all!"

"Fuck you, Ragan!" Jorel shouted.

"Oh, yeah... I almost forgot! So, Jay... How's your vegan lifestyle been going on?" Matt asked.

"A little bit challenging, from time to time; but then I remember why I'm doing it and it feels great." Jorel talked about it passionately. "You know what they say, man - Eat pussy, not animals." They all started laughing at the dumb joke and I almost choked.

I hoped that no one noticed my reaction, but Dylan did glance at me strangely and then he gave some sort of signal to Danny. My goodness, did they figure it out?

"Anyway..." Dylan jumped in. "Are we gonna party tonight or what?"

"Are you seriously asking this?" Charlie laughed. "Of course we are, bitch! We finally have a day off and we're so gonna use it perfectly right!"

I unexpectedly got a text from... Ryan. "Are you free now?"

Well, I did promise him last night that we'll hang out again; I just didn't expect it to be so soon. But considering that I have nothing to lose, I decided to meet him. I already didn't want to ruin guys' reunion with Da Kurlzz and honestly, I didn't pay much attention to their further conversation.

I got up and I just had to announce I'm about to leave. Shit, Jorel's presence was making me uncomfortable.

"Going somewhere?" Danny whispered to me.

"Yeah, actually..." I took a deep breath before saying: "This guy wanted to see me... I have to go... I don't know when I'll be back." I informed them.

"Oh, with that guy!" Charlie remembered. "What's his name, again?"

"Ryan..." I muttered. I admit, Jorel was having this strange impact on me. I was too nervous to even look at him at this moment.

"Do we know him? Do we trust him?" Johnny asked in concern.

"Yeah, don't worry." I was super positive about this. "So... see ya later!"

"Hey, don't forget to come to the party later!" Dylan added and I just nodded at him and then left.

Jorel's P.O.V.

I couldn't take this anymore, I just had to say it: "Honestly, I don't trust that dude!"

They all gave me that odd look, probably in disbelief that I commented something about her for the first time, I think.

"What do you mean, man?" Charlie asked in confusion.

"That guy Ryan is up to something... I just know it!" I was trying so hard to hide my anger.

"Well, I talked to him and he seemed... normal." Charlie declared.

"Yeah, man, why do you even care?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, Jay... Why do you care, huh?" Dylan smirked after his question.

"I think someone's gotten jealous!" Danny added through the giggle.

"Whoa!" Da Kurlzz looked surprised. "And you didn't tell me something's going on with our J-Dog! Now I see..."

"Nothing's going on!" I snapped. "I'm just saying - I don't trust that guy, that's all! Why the fuck would I be jealous, anyway?"

"You tell me!" Dylan said. "And how do you even explain last night?"

"Wait..." Charlie interrupted. "What happened last night?"

All these questions were driving me nuts.

"Nothing!" I shouted. "Can you just leave me alone?"

"Well, not before you explain some things," Johnny stated. "You know we have some rules about hooking up with fans."

"I did nothing wrong," I defended myself. "The only one you should be worried about is that guy Ryan! First, he got her drunk; then he left her, and then he showed up at the concert last night as nothing happened!" I was really mad at this point and they were all looking at me in shock.

"How do you even know all this stuff?" Charlie questioned, probably trying to process everything I just said.

"I practically saved her, man... while you idiots were who knows where!" I started telling them more and more. "And when we came back, you weren't here... and then one thing led to another and... you know!"

"Damn, you're an idiot, Jorel! Absolute idiot!" Johnny was pissed. "You're just messing with a poor girl... And what about Vanessa? We thought you were back with her..."

"Well, I'm not... At least not for now..." I really felt like shit.

"Holy shit!" Da Kurlzz interrupted. "If I knew there was so much drama going on, I'd come earlier!"

"This is unbelievable! Even I judge you!" Charlie added.

"Fine! Whatever..." I couldn't stand them anymore. "Can I go now? I need some sleep... considering I've been awake for about 30 fucking hours!"

"And why is that?" Dylan started asking questions again. "Because of your little fight, huh?"

"You have no idea what happened and I'm so not gonna tell you!"

"Damn, man... You really like her, huh?" Danny, who's been silent for a while finally spoke.

"I do not!" I screamed. "I just slipped and... made a mistake. That's it! Look, if I like her, then shot me!"

"Too bad I forgot to bring my gun!" Johnny smirked and they actually started laughing at me. Assholes!

"Why are you always acting like jerks towards me?"

"C'mon Jay... don't overreact!" Danny was reasonable.

"Yeah, man. You know we're just messing around!" Charlie stated but I wasn't even sure anymore.

"My point is... I don't like her, we're not together and we can't be together. So, can you just stop annoying me with your fucking questions... please? And just forget about everything I told you and pretend like you don't know anything in front of her..." I couldn't take this shit anymore.

"Everything you say, your highness!" Dylan joked once again but I couldn't give any fuck anymore.

"Now, I'm going to get some rest. And maybe I'll be lucky enough to die in my sleep!"

"Damn, that's dark, man," Charlie commented. "Weirdo..."

***

My eyes were slowly closing, but I needed to send one specific text. "I hope you're having fun with that jerk. Just remember, the next time he fucks something up and leaves you, I won't be there to save you." And... sent.