26. Black Dahlia

Jorel's P.O.V.

"Was this really necessary?" I asked while watching them all getting inebriated around me. I got wasted last night and I was so not gonna repeat it tonight.

"Don't be such a party breaker, dawg!" Charlie responded. "We're celebrating Matt St. Claire tonight!"

"Well, thanks for honoring me, fag!" Da Kurlzz told him while taking shots with Dylan and Johnny. Danny was somewhere around, and as much as I know, he hasn't been drinking much lately.

My P.O.V.

I was just telling Danny about Ryan. He was kind of worried about him for some reason, but I tried to convince him Ryan's just fine. "He's so nice and sweet and understanding..." I smirked. "...unlike some people! And he would never hurt me!"

"But he got you drunk, though," Danny commented.

"It's not like he made me do it!" I defended him. "I'm responsible for my actions... not him... not anyone..."

"It's okay... It's all right..." Danny seemed somehow guilty. "I'm sorry I doubted him... We're just concerned for you, you know..."

"Yeah, yeah... But don't you worry; I'm in good hands now," I smiled. "And have I mentioned he's a photographer?"

"Oh, really? That's nice! Great, actually!" Danny was kind of amazed.

"He wants to become a concert photographer, but for now he takes pics of anything that catches his eye...He actually took some photos of me earlier... He's just so talented!" I added.

Jorel's P.O.V.

I accidentally overheard their conversation. Damn, why can't she shut up about this jerk? I decided to stick around and listen, hoping they're not going to notice me. Yes, I let her go because I had to, but I'm so not gonna give her to someone else.

"Gosh, artists are so dreamy..." She said, and Danny just smiled.

"We know we are..." I thought.

"It seems you really like him," Danny stated.

"Of course I do!" She shouted as if she wanted to prove she's honest.

"I just thought... you know..." I don't know where he was going with this. "I thought you liked someone else..."

Damn it, Daniel. You're not helping me!

"Well, I don't..." She sighed after her words. "I don't..." She whispered one more time.

"Sorry I even mentioned..."

"Oh, don't be!" She put a smile on her face. "I'm happy with the way things turned out... with Ryan, with everything!"

All right, I've heard enough!

I turned around and went towards the exit, but then Johnny came up to me.

"Hey, what's up with you? Going somewhere?"

"Yeah, actually... I'll be with Vanessa." I quickly responded.

"I told you I wanted to talk to you..." He sounded serious, and then I remembered – he knows something.

"Yeah, yeah... Later! When you're sober..." I told him. "I couldn't handle it right now." And it was true.

***

I came back a few hours later hoping that they all got wasted and passed out... And I was right! I couldn't hear a soul around here. I was also exhausted, so I started preparing to go to sleep by quickly taking my clothes off.

The dead silence was soon broken by the sound of someone's sobbing. It was her, damn it. I didn't even think this through, I just ran to her... It's like some strange force was always leading me back to her. I don't know what the problem is now, but I do know she needs me – I can feel it. Nobody will find out about this anyway, so I don't need an extra worry.

The second I came up to her, she threw a glance at me with her swollen teary eyes. She then burst into tears and I immediately wrapped my arms around her.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked in concern, not even realizing what word I just used.

"Everything..." She managed to say through the tears. She buried her head into my bare chest and I squeezed her even tighter. I didn't mind that I was only wearing boxers at this moment - the feeling of our bodies pressed to one another was more comfortable than ever.

"Did that jerk hurt you?" I just wanted to know the main reason for her sadness.

She shook her head and then I assumed: "Wait... I'm a jerk! I made you feel this way..."

"No..." She whispered. "It's not that... I just..." She hesitated a little bit. "I need to leave..."