11. Usual Suspects

Jorel's P.O.V.

"So, what's going on with you, Danny? Are you into her or something?" I chuckled. Maybe I shouldn't act this way, but I just don't give a fuck anymore. "Because you know, you've been overprotective and shit..."

"I'm just being nice." Danny defended himself. "She's our guest and my friend and she doesn't deserve to be treated the way you treat her. And the one who's probably into her is you."

I just rolled my eyes trying to ignore the fact that my heart skipped a beat at the statement.

"I know you, Jay. I know how you act around girls." My Golden boy continued. God, sometimes I feel like he's reading my mind. "But please, don't hurt her. She's already been through so much."

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I promised to keep it a secret, but..." And then he told me everything.

***

"So, her boyfriend killed himself... That's... Terrifying." Now, I felt really bad. I guess I'm not the only one who's been through hell.

"Yeah... But I actually wanted to tell you something else..." Danny was now even more serious.

"Are you two fags fucking here or something?" I heard Dylan's deep voice. He just showed up out of nowhere.

"Why? You wanna join?" I teased as usual.

"Where were you, anyway? You didn't text me back." Danny was a bit worried.

"Oh, you know... Here and there." Dylan seemed kind of suspicious, so I had to go on with something I planned earlier.

"You know, Dylan... I'm proud of you. You're really taught." I just needed to test him. Could he be the new masked guy? He's known to change his voice, after all...

"Dude... How high are you?" He gave me the 'wtf look'.

"He's high on something else." Danny winked at me. I know what he meant, but he was so not right.

"Fuck you both!" I'm giving up. I don't think that these two idiots could be able to torture me. But still... I wasn't completely sure. "Are we going to the show, or what?"

"Yeah, man. Jordon and George are already there." Dylan answer, hopefully forgetting about my previous statement.

"How do you even know?" I just had to ask.

"You know I know everything." That sneaky little Mexican. What if he's really behind everything? That voice... I just can't let it go...

"So, whatcha waitin' for? Let's go." Funny Man added.

"I still need to tell you something," Danny said quietly a moment later and I just nodded.

Why are they all acting strange? And what's up with Charlie and Johnny, anyway?