38. Enemy

My P.O.V.

Later... That could take forever - I was thinking while impatiently waiting for the show to start. I hated how we got interrupted before Jorel got a chance to give me the answer I was craving to hear. I just wanted to know if we were on the same page even though it was almost the end of us.

***

"You okay there all by yourself?" I heard DaKurlzz as he was approaching me. We were the only ones in the pit at the moment
since the fans were expected to enter any minute.

"Yeah, I am." I generously smiled. "I thought you were playing tonight again."

"Well, no. I think it was enough to just appear as a guest drummer. Besides, I don't want anyone to get a wrong impression and think I wanna rejoin the band." He sounded kinda unsure. He probably missed performing live and it really made me feel bad for him.

***

We continued chatting before it got too noisy and crowded. Unexpectedly, I saw a familiar face in front of me. Oh my...

"Oh my God!  I thought I wouldn't be able to find you among all these people!" He spoke.

"Ryan! Didn't expect to see you again..." I was really surprised since the two of us had already said our goodbyes.

"Yeah, I know it's your last night here, but I had to see you once again." He seemed delighted.

"That's so kind of you," I gave him a friendly smile. He's just a friend to me and I was hoping he was aware of it. I didn't wanna cause any more trouble, especially right in the end. "By the way, meet Da Kurlzz!" I pointed at Matt, who was right behind me and probably overheard our conversation.

"Hi, there!" Matt shook Ryan's hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, man! I'm Ryan," he spoke through a giggle. "I'm guessing you're not playing tonight."

"Tonight I'm a part of the audience," Matt responded. "I'm hoping we'll all enjoy the show."

They were both in a good mood and we all just continued chatting until the show started.

The second Jorel came on stage I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I started feeling warm around my heart and butterflies in my stomach like crazy. Damn, he looked so handsome holding a guitar... For a moment, I really wished I was that guitar. I wanted him to play with me; to hold me and touch me again and again. Bassists truly are good with their fingers, if you know what I mean...

I was completely focused on Jorel that I totally forgot Ryan and Matt were there with me.

"Did you hear what I just said?" Ryan asked loudly while tapping on my shoulder.

"No, sorry," I shook my head.

"I'mma go grab a beer, you want something?"  He repeated the question.

"Nah, I'm fine. Thanks," I quickly replied before he left. I really shouldn't be drinking considering I'll be on a plane in a few hours.

"Are you two a thing or something?" Da Kurlzz asked me and then chuckled. Damn, was he waiting for Ryan to be gone just so he could ask me?

"What? No!" I sounded kinda surprised. "Ryan's just a friend. That's it."

"All right, I had to ask..." He added, "Especially after what happened between you and Jay...or is it still happening, huh?"

"Nothing is happening with him either," I had to say it like that, even though I wasn't sure if Jorel told anyone about last night. "Why are you even asking?"