Chapter 50

I look up from the unexpected hearing of my name. I put the half bottle of vodka down on the floor beside me. My gaze goes to Noa who is staring at me from the other side of the stables. I can tell that the alcohol has worked its way into my bloodstreams. The world is a blur and seems to spin before my eyes. Everything is coming in rather late and the realisation that Noa is standing there is only now dawning on me.

He walks in my direction in small steps. Reviri has his head off his feet and looks at the boy. For a moment I put my hand on Reviri's neck to tell him that Noa is no threat. The dragon's eyes are fixed on me for a few seconds before he puts his head back on the ground. He is beautiful. Noa stops walking as soon as he reaches the door of the stable. I know. From under my eyelashes I look at Noa.

Again I pick up the bottle of vodka from the floor and twist off the cap. I put the glass to my lips and take a big gulp of the transparent stuff. 'Was that bottle full?' With a bang I put the bottle back on the floor after which I look at Noa irritated. 'Yes sir, it was full'. Noa throws his arms in the air and raises his eyebrows. 'Quiet Raf', I laugh hoarsely at the stupid nickname.

Noa walks into the stall and takes a seat on the floor next to me. He holds up his hand. Give me that bottle. A bit surprised, I hand him the bottle of vodka. He takes a sip and starts coughing slightly. A smile leaves my lips at the sight. He gives me the bottle back and I take another sip of the stuff. By now I can say that I have lost reality. I let my head hang against the wall behind me.

'I actually came to get you for dinner'. Noa also puts his head against the wall behind him. I look at him out of the corner of my eye. 'I'm not hungry,' is my defiant reply. He turns his head so he can look at me. 'You're talking bullshit.' I turn with my eyes. I stare ahead of me against the steel wall of the cage. I never thought I would find Reviri here, sitting here drunk.

I am pulled out of my thoughts by something soft on my neck. I jerk up and want to get up, but am stopped by Noa's hand on my leg. The realisation that the softness on my neck is Noa's lips is only now dawning. His lips leave a trail of soft kisses on my neck. My eyes automatically close at the soft touch. I put my hand on his on my leg.

He seems to put more pressure on his lips, making them touch my skin in a harder touch. My head rests against the wall again as I enjoy the touch of his lips. I squeeze Noa's hand as soon as he begins to gently suck on my skin. 'Are you coming?'. Noa's whispered words bounce against my neck. A shiver followed by goosebumps spreads over my body.

As soon as his lips stay away from my neck I open my eyes. Noa's dark eyes look at me penetratingly. He stands up unexpectedly and pulls me up with him. The world staggers before my eyes but I ignore it so much that I don't think Noa notices. Yet he grabs my hand and gently pulls me out of the stables, up the stairs and through the corridors.

I hardly realise where we are walking to, so only after several turns and corridors do I realise that this is not the way to my room. Noa stops at a door that doesn't look familiar to me. Anoixe'. The lock opens after Noa's words. He pushes the door open and a huge room full of clothes fills my eyes.

'This was Chanel's clothing store', Noa explains. I look around in amazement at the enormous amount, especially dresses. I'm not a dress girl despite being told to as a child but this amount makes me breathless. 'What are we doing here?'. Noa meanwhile walks past the red dresses.

'I said I was coming to get you for dinner, not with whom'. Noa grabs a red dress from the rack and holds it out in front of him. He nods approvingly and walks towards me. The dress is pushed into my hands, 'Put it on'. Before I can say anything against his command he walks away and starts pulling open drawers.

I'm a bit bewildered by the whole situation standing there with the dress in my hand. I put the dress on the floor and start undressing, totally ignoring Noa. My dirty shirt, trousers, shoes, socks and bra end up on the floor. In one smooth movement, I pull the dress over my head.

I pull the skirt a bit straighter and want to walk to the mirror. Exactly at that moment, Noa turns round and stares at me. 'Wow', he mutters. I raise my eyebrows at the most cliché bookish reaction he could have come up with. 'Can't you think of something better?' Noa starts laughing at my hurt.