Chapter 38

Rafiki

I shoot straight up into bed. As if I've been stung by a wasp look into the wall in front of me. A fire burning through my body ruled me. I get out of bed like a robot, completely ruled by a force inside me. I fight against the force within me that causes me to slowly walk towards the wall.

Every finger I try to touch without the force inside me is burning as if I am in hell. My whole body seems to be on fire, I can almost scream in pain. At moments like this I understand why I give my body away to that power, fighting against it is endless and unsustainable.

As soon as I reach the closet against the wall I understand where I am going. I open the top drawer and see a collection of knives lying around. I try to resist even more until the tears almost run down my cheeks from the pain, until I almost scream it out. I'm not going to kill Noa, then I fight until I drop.

I grab the red Karambit in my hand. The sharp point of this knife and its half moon shape is characteristic of its lethality. I would be lying if I said that I have never held this knife, that I have never taken a life with it. I try to let go of the knife but then I don't hold back my tears from the pain anymore.

I can't do this fight. As if I have put the knife in my own skin and cut open my entire body. I want to scream in pain but I have no control over my own body. Normally I would give up now and give the strength in me the upper hand, now that it is about Noa's life I would be crazy to do that. Although the idea is more tempting than you might think, I'm fighting against my own muscles.

Just when I want to turn towards Noa with the knife in my hand, I am pushed hard against the wall. The knife is pulled out of my hand before I can do anything. I hear the knife fall to the ground while I am being pushed harder with my face against the wall. My cheek lies against the gray wall and a hard force holds me with my belly against the wall.

'What were you thinking?'. The words bounce like a warm wind against the skin of my ear and neck. They make a shiver run down my back. The next moment I feel the lips of Noa glide along my neck. His hands glide from my back, where they first lay, along my ribs to my hips. As soon as his lips push into my neck I feel another shiver running down my back and I can't help closing my eyes for a few seconds.

Only then do I realize that I have regained the control of my body. At that exact moment I am turned around by Noa and pushed against the wall with my back. I look into his dark eyes and the grin on his face. I have seen many trying to get me out of that trans, but this way has certainly not been tried before. No one has ever managed to get me out of that trans without violence, except Noah.

His hands are still on my hips. One glides over my cheek while his eyes go over my face. 'You can't kill me that easily' The amusement that can be read in Noa's eyes is not to be missed. Somewhere his amusement is disgusting, on the other hand I enjoy it. Finally someone who doesn't take my curse so seriously and only sees death in it.

His lips take me out of my mind as soon as I feel them on mine. His hand covers my cheek while I still feel the other one on my hip. While our lips move over each other I feel him pushing me closer to the wall. I lean against the wall and slap my legs around his hips. His hands leave my hip and cheek to move to my buttocks for extra support.

My hands are lying in his black hair while our kiss gets heavier and heavier. His soft lips once again make the pain in my veins disappear. Like a new kind of drugs I am starting to get addicted to this feeling. His tongue glides along my lips making room for me to deepen the kiss even more. I squeeze his hair when he pushes me a little harder with my back against the wall. The tingling vultures through my body and my head feels like it's floating.

As soon as his lips leave mine again an empty feeling remains and the heavy pain returns. 'Remember one thing, you won't get me dead so quickly' He looks deep with his dark eyes at me and a shiver runs down my back. Suddenly he makes his hands disappear under my buttocks, causing me to lose my balance and threatening to fall to the ground. Noa grabs me by my arms and holds me up like this. The dirty grin on his face tells me he knew what he was doing.

His amused face changes to worried. 'Are you in pain?,' he asks and goes over my wrist with his finger. As soon as the pain disappears for a moment, it hits back harder. I nod. Softly Noa pulls me to his bed and forces me to lie down on it. 'Take off the shirt', he carries me on. The shirt I got from him last night after my return from the forest, I pull it over my head. The only thing left in my body are my bra and underwear.