Ch. Eleven

Pov. Jin

I'm too tired for this. It's been days since last time I had a good night sleep. Not only I spend most my time reading about all the horrible things my ancestors did. But with the last few books I began to worry.

The more I read about our grandfather the more chills I get. Taehyung loves him. He always did. I made sure to keep him away from our parents, ignoring that that man was just as scary. I always thought my little brother was an amazing person. But having him as an idol...something seems off.

Either way, I refuse not to trust Taehyung. No matter who he loves, he's the kindest human being on this planet. I won't believe he's hiding anything. And if he really is a horrible person...I might as well go to hell with him. He's the only one in my family I love besides Hoseok. The rest can never talk to me again for all I care.

I close another book. I can't understand how that old man that used to tell us fairy tails when we were kids is the same one that exterminated most creatures. Most of Jimin's family probably died during his times. Except for his mother and uncle...but my father took care of that.

Oh, right! That's another thing that won't let me sleep. My stupid brother trying to be with Jimin again! For the love of God, he better not take him back. I couldn't stand seeing him almost die again. I won't let it happen. I'll protect him no matter what.

I walk out to meet Namjoon. It's still a little early but I would like to make this as fast as possible. I can't wait untill it's all over and the throne is finally mine. I see his door and without knocking, I enter. The smell hits me immediately. Oh, that must be his scent.

- Well, I hope you had your coffee because I'm here early and ready to hear you talk boring shit!

- Seokjin?! Oh, damnit. You can wait outside! It'll be a minute!

He pushes me out and closes the door. What the fuck was that? It takes him twenty minutes to let me in again. Well, I guess being here early was useless. I sit down as soon as I enter, annoyed.

- Didn't know I couldn't come here before time. I could've taken a nap!

He seems confused and sits in front of me. He looks at me up and down. One eyebrow raised. What the fuck?

- You... don't feel sick?

- If you're asking me to leave again I'll do it, Manjoon

- Wait...Really? No headache, no nothing?

He's so confused he lost his seriousness. Is this how he gets when he learns something new? Adorable. Suddenly, a memory makes it all clear. I remember why Yoongi doesn't like him.

- Your scent...you made my brother sick once, didn't you?

- If he was as dumb as you and opened a door without knocking then yes, I did. I hide it every time I know someone's coming...if they come in time of course

- Meh, you don't have to worry about me. Yoongi might be a weak idiot. But I can take your scent. It's not bad.

- Jin, no one that ever smelled it walked out of here without fainting or throwing up

- Oh...ha ha how bizarre! Ha...

Shit. Taehyung's gonna love this. Another side effect we didn't notice. I can't be affected by other's scent. At least not in a bad way. I can already see my little brother making a note in his little book.

- How is it po-

- So! I read the books you gave me!

He rolls his eyes annoyed. I know he probably wants to keep talking about it. But it's not like I can explain it when I didn't even know I could do that before. Either way, it does make me notice one thing. Whatever creature he is...it must be a really fucking dangerous one. Not enough to scare me but enough to make me curious

- Fine, I guess we're talking about that. How were the books?

- They suck

- Not surprised with your answer

- You know...I was supposed to be an Omega that gets married to an idiot and has kids and shit. I was ready to cut my future husband's balls if he even tries to mark me!

- ...Thank God I'm not marrying you

- But now! Even though I deserve the throne... I'm supposed to be like my grandfather? I have to kill everything that is different to me and be acknowledged for it like it was my life's work? Is that...what people expect?

- What they expect? Yes. What they want?... Depends on who you ask

- Why?! If you're training me to be that shitty, I'm sorry but it won't happen.

I can see a faint smile appear on his face. This man...how much must he have lied to become my mother's favorite counselor? I can easily see he's not on her side!

- I needed you to read that because you need to see why they acknowledged him

- Because they feared him?

- Partly, yeah. But also, he won a lot by doing what he did. More lands, wealth, people that now obey to your family

- So...if I want my Kingdom to prosper I need to kill everyone? Absolutely not. My brother would kill me!

- Yeah, Hoseok would be upset

- I meant Ta-

- But that's not my point.

- What the fuck is the point then?!

- There's two things that happen with history. It repeats itself, mostly by people that only see the "good side" of it

- Like my father following my grandfather's steps

- And also...it has consequences. Everything you do from the day you take over the throne forward, will have consequences. History is ran by those in power and those under them. Someday the ones below will want what you have. The way they ask for it depends on you

- If I'm a piece of shit, they'll be shitty with me. Is that it? I should be worried about...my ancestor's enemies then?

- You said yourself that if you were an ancient creature you would hide between us and then cut your father's throat

- Are you saying someone from outside killed him?

- I'm saying that if he did...it would have been a consequence. History gives you back what you give it.

- Well, considering how my family is...I'll live my legacy scared to death of being killed

- A King can't live afraid of his own Kingdom

- My father wasn't scared but look how he ended up

- Because he took one of two choices and failed.

- Choices?

- You don't want them to kill you? You can kill them first - Sounds like my father - Or give them what they want.

That last part does not sound like my father at all. How can someone who suggests me to make deals with our enemies be a counselor? Maybe I was right, some creatures hide until they see the chance and take it...

I see you're not as loyal as my mother thinks, Namjoon...and I kind of like it. I might as well enjoy this classes a little more. Even if they are given by a boring and - kinda handsome - Alpha.

Next Chapter

Your mother wants me to train you, not to date you

God, what have I done?

------------------------------------------------------

There are not many clues about what Namjoon is. But there's like a thousand of why Jin's so strong. I feel some of you already know!

Anyway! Tomorrow we'll see our lovely Tae again! (Sorry for the delay with this one, I'm on holiday and I forgot yesterday was Monday hahaha)

- Baby Y