Ch. Twenty Seven

Pov. Jungkook

I can't believe it. For the first time, my family is telling me something about their reunion! About how Yoongi heard part of it. About a Chimera taking his side. And there's only one reason why they would trust me this things. They're desperate. I don't know what favor they'll ask me, but I'm sure it won't be good.

- We can't attack the castle on our own, we were aware of that already. I mean look at us, we can't even shift! If we want the revolution to work we need the help of more people. Some nobles are on our side, but they won't fight...

- I thought we already had the support of many commoners. That's what you guys said last time!

- We did...but now they think we're fucked. If Min Yoongi told the Queen, they'll try to defend themselves. And people are scared to join us.

- So...what do we do?

I end my question and see my mother bite her lip. Please don't ask me nothing dangerous or stupid or-

- If we can get in the castle one time before the revolution...just to give other people the proof that everything will be okay...then they'll join us. That way we'll be ready!

- No.

- Jungkook!

- You told me I was only gonna betray the King once! The day of the revolution, I'll let you in and it won't matter who did it because we would've won by then!

- You'll still do that!

- Yes, but now everyone will suspect me, mother! I'm the head of guards! Do you know the things they'll say about me if I let you in just to proof yourselves?!

- Well, we don't have much of a choice, do we?!

- If I get caught-

- You won't. We have a plan. No one will know you're with us...yet

I doubt it. Half the people in the castle don't trust me already. And that'll be worst when they see a few dragons entered the castle in the middle of the night. But there's something else bothering me. My family is too violent sometimes, specially when it comes to the royal family.

- A-Are you gonna hurt Taehyung?

- First of all, you're on our side so don't talk like you're not a part of this! And second of all, no. He'll be your cover. Stay with him tonight while we do the work.

- What makes you think I can spend a whole night next to the Prince?

Before my mother can answer, someone else intervenes. I turn around to find her green eyes staring at me. God, I hate her so much.

- Oh, the Price would love to spend the night with you. Isn't that right, Kookie?

My family looks at me confused and slightly annoyed. That damn bitch! This is all because she said out loud we should kill Jin! I just shrug the question off, hoping my family won't ask anything else. And thankfully, they don't.

- Anyways, your part is easy this time. So you can't blew it.

- I don't always make mistakes, mother.

- Good.

I leave them for now, so I can go back to the castle on time. Damn it, he's gonna think I really want to spend the night with him! Which I... uhmm...don't. I can faintly hear my family talking shit about me. Of course they do that. They need someone to blame when things go wrong. Like when we couldn't kill Yoongi. Or when I failed to kill the King.

In my defense, the King died! But it wasn't me. Even though I was ready to stab him that day...when I entered his room, he was already dead. I couldn't tell him how much I hated him. How much we suffered for him. But I was guarding his door before walking in. So I know exactly who was the last person to enter his room. I know perfectly who killed him...

- My little dragon! You're late for our practice!

- Tae...can I ask you something?

- Anything!

I make sure no one is listening. They talk enough about me without hearing this things. No need to create any more rumours.

- Can we...be together t-tonight? I'll go to your room at eight if you want...

- Tonight? - His eyes shine - I see...
Yes, of course! Sounds great

Opposite to what I thought, his smile doesn't look adorable and romantic. I mean, he is smiling but...it looks like one of those smiles my family is used to show when they come up with a plan. And I just hope Taehyung is not planning anything for tonight. Because if I don't keep an eye on him he might end up in serious shit.

After a long day, I wait for my family. And of course she's with them. The secret door of the castle is often ignored. No one even remembers it's here. And why would they care if it's locked? And only the head of guards can open it...I let them in. They walk past me and she stops to whisper in my ear.

- Go take care of your boy, Kookie. If he gets in my way he won't live to tell the tale...

I don't answer and simply walk away. Taehyung's room is on this side of the castle so I don't take that long in getting there. I knock two times but there's no answer. I knock again. No answer. By the third time he ignores me, I get nervous. I need him to see me here. To cover up for me. I open the door even though he didn't allow me to.

And a shiver runs down my spine seeing the empty room. I call his name, looking for him. But there's no one there. Her words come back to my head. If she finds him, she'll kill him. I need to find him first. I need him to be okay. Having an alibi stops being important. Because he's now my only concern. And I don't know why...

Next Chapter

How...the hell...do you know that?

Oh my god, are you bleeding?!

------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Remember me? Hahaha when I tell you I had the most tiring week of my life I'm not lying! And I've been dying to write! So here we are!

My anxiety levels have been a little through the roof lately. So I'm trying my best to come back to a decent state of mind. Slowwwwly

Next one is Yoonmin! I'll see you there for it!

- Baby Y