Ch. Thirty Eight

Pov. Taehyung

I can't believe I was dumb enough to ignore today's the big day! I was so focused on Kookie being sick I completely forgot. Thank God I was with Jimin when he heard them come in! Now all I have to do is run. If they do the same thing as last time, Jungkook must be near the back door. My eyes shine excited when I see him standing there with other dragons. He probably wants me far from here but...

- My cute little dragon! - I wave my arms - I was waiting for you!

The panic in his eyes makes me feel a little guilty. But hey! He's the one letting other dragons in "my" castle! So he should take it! As soon as his family sees me I pray to my grandpa down there to give me all the energy he can. Because I'll need it. I shift in front of them. Okay, my beautiful wolf...now run.

I knew it was gonna be scary but I didn't think this much. It feels too real to be this close to death. I try to keep my breathing even so I don't get too tired. Every few seconds I look back to make sure they're not too far behind...or too close for that matter. I run through the halls avoiding the guards as much as possible. I wouldn't want them to come and help me. When I turn left I find myself face to face with my brother.

- Holy shit, Tae you scared me to death

- What are you doing here, Yoongi?

- I can't find Jimin! We're in danger! There's dragons and Chimeras and-

The voices of the dragons following me alert me. Yoongi is dumb enough to try to fight them.

- Listen, go to our father's room and look up. - I go back to running - You'll understand then!

- What?!

- Chimera's eyes are unique, brother! Go! I have things to do!

Thankfully, even though I can't hear his voice answering, I know he'll do what I said. It's all the help I can give him without just letting the truth out. I hope it's enough. If not, Jimin will tell him later.

One last turn and I find myself in grandpa's room. I enter and as quickly as possible and push his huge bookcase aside. Behind it, the huge door that leads to the cave stands beautiful as always. I get in leaving the door open so they can come with me. There's not much light here. But that could change with just a little bit of fire. I have to be careful where I step. One mistake and I'll fall down.

The voices of the dragons make echo on the walls. Jungkook is the first one to appear and almost immediately he closes the door. Holding it so the rest can't open, his voice sounds desperate and I can see he's sweating. That stupid fever is getting to him again.

- Tae! I can hold the door, you find a way out. Please, tell me you know how to escape from here

- Not without wings...

- Taehyung are you dumb?! - He doesn't sound angry but very worried - Why did you come here?! I told you to wait in your room!

- Kookie...look around you

Leaning his back against the door, he looks at the place. Even if it's dark he can recognize it. But there's just one problem. His eyes don't shine the way they should.

- Maybe there's a way out if you climb that wall

- K-Kook, we're in your cave...Your home! Where you truly belong! It's in the castle but it's still for dragons. It's yours to protect!

His expression lets me know how tired he is. He looks exhausted.

- Is this what this is all about? Tae...I don't know this place. This is not my home. I don't have anything like that. - His family is pushing to get in - Please...just help me find a way so you can get out

Reality hits me. There's no way out. And my plan is not working. I try my best to convince him he can do it. I believe in him. I know he can shift. I'm sure. And this place is were he belongs. But he doesn't agree. The moment he knows for sure he can't hold the door anymore, he leans forward and kisses me. Why does it feel like a goodbye?

- I love you, Tae. I don't need wings if I have you. And I won't let anything happen to you. I'll let this go, you'll get ready and when I tell you to run, you run. And don't look back... it'll only make things harder

Not giving me time to respond he moves letting his family in. Scared, with a lump in my throat, I walk a few steps back. For a second I step too close to the edge and lose balance. Thankfully I can walk back and stay safe. Jungkook stands in front of their swords and tries to keep them back. Being so strong allows him to make some space for me.

- Tae, now! - I can't move. Not in that direction. - Taehyung? W-What are you doing?

- I love you too...

The only thing that can give me enough strength is closing my eyes. Opposite to his plan, I jump. He screams my name. But it was the only thing I could think of. If it doesn't work I'll see grandpa again. I'll tell him I tried. I hope none of my brothers ends up with me. Without my consent, tears fall from my eyes. This cave is so deep and dark I wonder when will I hit the ground.

Once someone told me I could appear on the other side of the world. Can I? Probably not. If I die I might as well apologize to my best friend.

- Jiminie...sorry I didn't scream

At least he didn't have to risk his life for me here. I'm not sure he could win. Not without falling with me by accident. Hoping maybe there's a sleeping dragon at the bottom that will catch me, I close my eyes. I guess he really can't grow wings...

Next Chapter

...those... blue...eyes...

Let me be with my Omega one last time

------------------------------------------------------

Taeeeeeee baby bear I'm sorry! I always put you in the worst situations 😭 And you're my favorite here!

You don't have to wait too much for knowing what happens next! But before we need to see Yoongi!

I have class super early tomorrow but I wanted to have this first! So I'll go to bed now~

- Baby Y