Ch. Thirty Seven

Pov. Jin

I stare at myself in the mirror. I hope I'm taking the right decision. Being King is not gonna be easy. And I'm glad to know Namjoon will be there to help me but...I would kinda like him to be more than my counselor. Sadly, I have to put those ideas a side. He can't be with someone like me. I mean, I have an Omega technically! And if he doesn't want to go extinct he'll probably be with that girl...

My thoughts are interrupted when my little brother enters the room. His big smile tells me he has what I asked him for. The only one that can help me with this is Tae. Thank God he's such a nerd.

- Hello my King!

- Tae, don't be dumb hahaha this still feels weird!

- Well, you have to get used to it!

- Not from you!

- Fine, fine! Listen, I have to go with Jiminie now. He'll do my hair for my date with my dragon!

- You don't even try to hide it, uh?

- Of course not! But first, I have what you asked me for, brother!

- Oh my God Tae it's huge! And it's old as shit, how am I supposed to read this?!

- You don't think I'm gonna make you read all of it, do you? That book has the names of every prisoner we took during the big war.

- You found his mother?

- We didn't write names, Jin. But I wanted to keep track of their kids!

- You read this whole thing?!

- Oh, yes! Years ago! It was very informative

- ...I can't believe I'm surprised

- Anyway! I marked the pages you might be interested in! All extinct, all with kids that ended up being important!

- Well...my eyes hurt just from thinking about reading it. But I guess I owe him one

- We owe him one. I can't believe it was him who sent dad to hell! You know, the stars said something about treason but I wasn't sure I was reading that part correctly

- There we go again

- Besides one of them was bigger and redder! I think-

- Yeah, yeah, stars, planets, retrograde, I have things to read and you have to get ready for that date of yours

- Okke~

Tae starts walking away but just a second later he runs back to me and hugs me. No matter how close we are I still don't get used to him being so touchy. Probably because I tend to be the exact opposite.

- Where did that come from?

- You'll be okay, brother. You're better than you think. And you'll never be alone because I'll always be here for you.

-... Thanks Tae

- You're welcome, King

I roll my eyes as he walks back out. Seeing how I have some free time, I start reading. The letters in this book are super small and some parts are barely visible. Still, the descriptions of the prisoners help me know what pages are not important. I don't even realize the night is falling and I should rest.

The door of my room opens and I don't look up. It's probably Jimin. A familiar scent makes me finally leave the book down. It's a lot like Namjoon's. But this one is a little... different. My eyes meet her green ones. Her smile is so wide it almost doesn't seem like she wants to hurt me. But the knife she's holding tells me otherwise.