Ch. Twenty eight

Pov. Jimin

I make sure the King's old room is perfectly clean. Avoiding to look up where the head of my uncle is hanging, I'm too immersed in my thoughts. When I woke up this morning, Yoongi was sleeping by my side. I felt so warm and comfortable I didn't wanna leave. But I had to. Last night was embarrassing. I slept in his arms! And I cried!

But...how could I not? He scared me. The moment he said he should die I got scared. Because I can't lose him. Despite everything I can't even think about it without feeling an emptiness inside. Even now, there's a part of me that would love to go back and make sure he's okay.

Maybe tonight I can meet him again... because I'm worried. Not because that was the best night of sleep I had in years. Yeah... I'll stay with him later. And maybe we can go out...or have dinner together...or even-

- Jiminie? You having daydreams again?

- T-Tae! Hi! I was just... cleaning!

- I've been looking at you standing there for five minutes already

- Oh...

- Is my brother okay? You seemed worried last night

- He's fine! Don't worry, I'll make sure he's...

Tae's wide smile makes me realize I said too much. He always wants me to be with him. And I can't deny...I kinda want that too...

- Well! I'm glad you're getting along again! Now...I have a little favor to ask you for tonight...

- Let me guess, I shouldn't pay attention to you, Jungkook or anyone in the forest?

- ... You're getting smarter!

- Thanks? Don't worry, you can spend your night with him. If you need my help, scream. I'll be there in under a second.

- Oh, Jiminie you never have to worry about me, okay?

I nod calmly. It's true. I don't think Tae ever asked me for help. He's never been in danger so I usually don't worry about him that much. For the rest of the day I work with my head in the clouds. I'm wanna see Yoongi but I'm also so embarrassed. What am I supposed to say after last night?!

By the time the night falls, Yoongi didn't show up yet. I know he'll come any minute now. Like everyday. I'm almost done with the things to do when I see some people that... don't look like anyone from this castle. But their faces do sound familiar.

- Excuse me? You're not allowed on this side of the castle.

They turn my way and I can see one of them is taking an expensive painting the queen has. Really? Thieves? Here? I find it hard to believe but one of them talks and I finally realize who they are.

- Servant, don't worry! We're on your side! We'll take down the Queen in your name and set you free!

Dragons. Who else could be this idiot to think I'm gonna let them go? And I really want to see them dead knowing full well they tried to hurt my Yoongi.

- I would leave this place right now if I were you.

They share a look with each other. And one of them makes a small signal. I can see another take out a bow and arrow. I cover myself with my arm. And thank God, because if not, that arrow would've hit my head. I can see it's now stuck in my arm. Blood running down my sleeve.

- Nice try

I take it out in one go and it heals almost immediately. I can tell by the fear in their eyes they know I'm the Chimera they fought with. And this time I might as well kill them all. I'm ready to shift. But then...