Ch. Thirty Five

Pov. Jungkook

Once more I have to bite my tongue seeing Taehyung talk to another alpha. I don't know what the hell got into me. I've never felt this way. I've never been possessive or jealous but everytime I see Tae talk to others I just feel how my whole body tenses. Lately I've been feeling horribly. My head hurts. And every few hours my fever goes up.

The one good thing about it is that Tae has been coming here to see me. Even if our training is over he brings me food and talks to me. For some reason, those are the moments in which my fever gets higher. But also the moments where nothing hurts. It almost feels natural.

However, I can't enjoy my moments with him. No matter how sweet he is with me or how many times I smile thinking about the kiss we had, there's that bitter taste in my mouth. Because I know what's gonna happen tonight. Revolution can't wait any longer to take place. What we could've had is only a dream. But I won't let him get hurt. I'll help my family take over. And I'll help him escape from this.

- What has you so serious, Kookie darling?

- Tae...can we have a date tonight?

- Really?! Yes! Where are we going? Wanna go to town? Or the forest? Anywhere is fine with me!

- Let's think about it later. For now, let's just meet tonight in your room

- Uuuuh, okay! I'll ask my brother not to interrupt us!

- I d-don't know what you're thinking. But yeah, do that. And please...this time don't walk away before time, okay? Just wait for me

- I will! So I guess I'll see you tonight my cute little dragon~

The kiss on my cheek makes me smile softly. I can't believe a Prince is talking to me this way and I'm not complaining. If anything I wish I could have this longer. He walks back to the castle so I can go on working for a few more hours. My last day as a guard. It doesn't feel like it.

After the sunset, I go see me family. Everyone is ready. Some are excited, others are sacred. But none of them doubts. We'll take over the castle tonight. It's weird go do this to what feels like my second home. Actually...the forest also feels like a second home. There's not a place where I truly belong.

When I was born, we didn't have our lands. And I was one of the few that was able to stay close to the castle. I was supposed to be a servant. But my fighting skills got me further than that. I was surprised to hear the wolves had a different version about what happened. They were the progress of the kingdom. Or that's what they said to justify what they did. Meanwhile, my family wouldn't let me forget what we went through.

I couldn't enjoy growing here or there. The best part was sharing time with my grandpa in the forest. And spending my days training Jin was what I liked about the castle. Him and Hobi were always kind to me. Even Jin's servant treated me nicely. But my family never liked hearing that. I was supposed to hate them. Just like I'm supposed to hate Taehyung. I guess I failed the other dragons a lot.

And I'll do it one last time. Just so Tae can be safe. That Prince made my life more of a mess somehow. The way he talks so excited about dragons and stars and creatures. Without being scared of me. Without fearing for a second I might kill him and his family. Knowing he's in danger gets on my nerves. I'll help him...even if that means I'll never see him again.

- Jungkookie! You're not gonna go there without saying bye to me!

- We'll be back in the early morning grandpa. And we'll be fine

- I know. I have all my faith in you and the rest. Everything will be fine!

- Yeah...Just like we planned, I guess

-...You know? This is a very important night. I'm sure everything will change after this. Things won't be like we were used to

- Mhm... It'll be a dragon's Kingdom again...

- You don't sound excited

- I am! I...I always wanted to see that! I wondered for so long how would our family look once they got what they want

- What is ours...

- Yes, that. I know they'll be finally at peace and I won't be the "castle's dragon" anymore. That will be...nice?

- Kookie...I know you're used to people treating you different. Here and there. But we're still your family. Even your dumb cousin loves you more than you think!

- He's not gonna like hearing you say that hahaha

- Meh, he can deal with it. And I believe I told you before, there's people out there that will love all of you

- Yeah, yeah, I know. I believe you...but I think after tonight I won't be a mix of things. Just a dragon...

- We're always a mix of what we take from around us, Kookie. If someone loves you for it, you should never let him go

- Do you know something I don't?

- I know you're too obvious. Now go, they're waiting for you!

I smile one last time before walking away. I know he'll be nervous till the last second and he probably won't sleep tonight. I run towards my family. Fully aware that I can't follow my grandpa's advice. For people like me, the story goes a different way. And if I truly like Tae...I should let him go.

Next Chapter

Jimin, don't worry about me! I'll be fine! I promise!

Maybe I wasn't clear enough last time we met...

------------------------------------------------------

Hello~ So shit is about to go down. Revolution is on. And next time we'll see Jimin! Chimera vs. Dragons!

Also, Jungkook is one of my favs here and I'm dying for his next chapter. But you'll have to wait for that!

- Baby Y