Ch. Twenty Six

Pov. Namjoon

- That's what your son-

- Say that again, Namjoon

- Sorry, Queen. That's what Hoseok heard. We have to be ready for an attack.

- I don't think there's really much to worry about. Jungkook will take care of the security. Taehyung will be safe since they don't want to hurt him. Jin could defend himself from any stupid dragon. And as long Yoongi has protection we'll be fine.

- Yoongi will probably have several guards near him this days. And even the servants will help protect the Princes

- Good! If one of the servants dies in the middle of it I wouldn't mind...

I'm pretty sure the servant she wants dead is Jimin. Now that her husband is gone there's no need to have him around. But little does she know that boy won't get killed that easily. It's obvious that Chimera is safe considering his strength.

It's still unbelievable how no one noticed his existence. Not even me! But I'm glad he's not extinct. Even though, I can tell he has a soft spot for Yoongi. I should have known those rumors were real. But for me, what happened last night made it clear.

In the middle of the night I saw Jimin run away. He looked desperate. And only ten minutes later Hoseok came with the news. That reminds me I should seriously talk to him. Specially with all that's going on. I go to his room and he lets me in with a smile like always. It almost seems like no matter how shitty his night was, a new day makes him feel renewed.

- Wanna drink anything, Namjoon? Was my mother scared about the news?

- Not really. She didn't think they were dangerous

- Yeah, well neither did I until last night. I can't believe they're planning a revolution! I thought they trusted me!

- Hey, don't blame yourself. How could you know about that? They're good actors when they pretend to be peaceful. Just look at Jungkook!

- Yeah...But I told them I was gonna fix things! When my father died I was ready to convince Yoongi of making the right choices! I was trying to help them! But the dragons...

- They don't trust anyone, Hobi. Specially from your family.

- I know...I guess we're gonna have to pick a side in the end

- Mhmm

- Namjoon...you didn't know about their plan either, right?

- Do you really think I would agree to something like that? I don't like violence.

- Don't you?

His tone makes me a little nervous. I'll admit I thought about joining them several times. I knew about their plan a little bit. Not every detail. But just enough. Still, I'm not completely on their side. Dragons can be so dumb sometimes. They still think they can make the castle burn when they can't spit fire anymore.

- I don't. I'm not on their side, Hobi. I'm always with you. You know that.

- Yeah...sorry I'm just... I'm really stressed right now. I don't want my brothers to be in danger.

He serves himself something more to drink and I take my chance to mention Jimin. I just wanna confirm my theory that Hoseok knows about him.

- I'm pretty sure that Chimera can protect your brothers...

He chokes on his drink and I can't help to smile. He looks at me half scared half embarrassed. I guess he really wanted to keep that secret. Even from his best friend. But what can I say? I keep things from him sometimes

- I'm sorry, h-he asked us to keep q-quiet about it! A-And I know you like to know about creatures like him but-

- It's okay. You were protecting him! I just wanted to let you know I'm aware of his existence. If he ever needs me he can ask me for help!

- He won't. But...thanks

He smiles and we have lunch together. I still have some time before I have to meet Jin. Thankfully, Hobi doesn't ask me much about my relationship with his older brother. Which is great because lately it's hard for me to talk about him without feeling...uhmm... different.

When I meet Jin again I have to really try not to smile. He looks gorgeous. More than usual. Probably because I told him we were going out today.

- So...where are we going for our date?

- D-Date? Jin... we're going to meet people in town...You know, so they can tell their worries to their future King...

- Oh...right! That's what I meant! So where do we go?

I guide him through the streets. Jungkook is not far behind, making sure we're safe. I'm not sure how much I trust him. Still, he was always the boy that gets bossed around so I don't think he he can hurt us. And even though he'll do what his family commands, I still don't think they'll send him to kill Jin now, in the middle of the streets.

It's funny to see how social Jin actually is. Even when he looks a little scary because of his strong body or his usual use of sarcasm, he still gets along with many commoners. Of course, some of them insult him and his father. But he listens to the complains everyone has.

Not so long before we go back home, I see him play with the kids that live on the street. A smile appears on his face and a stupid image comes to my head. Seokjin surrounded by kids? Can you imagine him like a father? The father of...I don't know...my children, for example?

- Namjoon! Come here, they want to meet you too!

I push my stupid thoughts a side and go play with them for a little bit while Jin talks to more people. I really need to stop my brain from going those places. Still, I make eye contact with him a lot during his talk. He looks so amazing. He'll be a great king. Everyone will see he's smarter and kinder than anyone else in his family. Maybe for once in this lifetime, we'll stop fearing the possibility of being ruled by the son of a Min.

Next Chapter

Stay with him tonight while we do the work, Kook

If he gets on my way, he might not live to tell the tale...

------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Sorry I wasn't here on Monday! I've had a lot of work but I'm still here!

Whipped Joonie is my everything 😭 I love this two a lot! And on the next one we'll see Kookie!

Also, and very important, happy Yoongi day! I love him so so so much, he's talented, showstopping, amazing, best rapper in the world, the end.

JUST LOOK AT THIS MAN

JUST LOOK AT THIS MAN. HOW IS THIS LEGAL? HE'S TOO PERFECT.

- Baby Y