Ch. Twenty Four

Pov. Taehyung

As soon as Jin leaves the room to talk to Namjoon, me and my best friend stay together to spend the night. I was already comforting Jimin before when we were in the forest. But now, I can see the Chimera is more calm. Or at least he's not crying anymore.

Still, it seems pretty obvious he doesn't want to talk about Yoongi. The poor boy still needs to get his feelings in place and he might need some time for that. So I think the best is for him to distract himself for a bit. He can ask me anything! But of course he stars with...

- So what's up with you and that dragon?

- Oh...well we are...uhmmm...friends!

- Just friends?

- Y-Yeah!

- You like him, don't you?

- No, I don't! I mean, I do but only as friends!

- Okay then, tell me about him. I wanna know what kind of friend he is. If you don't let me spy on him, at least let me know how's he like!

- He's fun!

- Really? He always looks so serious

- I know, right?! But he's actually really cool! He plays with me, he listens to my stories, when he opens up he can be so honest and nice and...what?

- I feel like I should pick you a wedding dress

- T-That's not...do I sound...

- Extremely in love? Yeah.

- I'm not! I mean...I like him and he's very handsome...and kind...and...Okay I might be a liiiittle bit attracted to him

- You know, if Jin could hear you he would say you're crazy for falling for an Alpha

- And aren't you gonna say the same?

-...No. I guess maybe...maybe some Alphas are worth it

I can't help a smile. There's still some doubt in his voice but at least he seems more positive than usual. I try my best not to ask what Alpha is he actually thinking about. Even though I think the answer is obvious.

We talk all night and about everything. About the day we met. How he hated everyone. But I recognized what he was and we became best friends. And Jin convinced him not to kill our father. He knew it would be a bigger torture for him to just see Jimin live here with us. Just like our mother planned.

He helped me be who I am today. He taught me how to move carefully, without making any noise, so I could get closer to the creatures of the forest. There was even that night when we escaped to the beach and with his help I got to talk to a mermaid. Remembering that exact day, Jimin asks me a question.

- Why did you ask that mermaid to forgive you? You did nothing wrong. It was your grandpa who tried to kill them all

- You know he...he used to tell me stories about those creatures. He was amazed by them. When I found out he had hurt them I was so confused. But I knew when I talked to him that he hated himself for it

- I guess someone in your family can feel regret

- You have no idea how much. But he was very weak by then. He told me he wanted to apologize

- I wouldn't forgive him

- I know. Neither did the mermaid. And that's okay. He knew he was gonna go to hell for what he did. He wasn't just looking for forgiveness but for change

- Change?

- If someone like him could change his mentality...maybe someday someone could change the way things are. And we could all be equals again!

- I see...What you do it's amazing Tae. It doesn't even have to do with you

- It does. If I don't help that change happen... I'll be almost as guilty as he was. But I know I can do it! I can make the world a better place!

- How?

This time it's not Jimin who's asking. We both turn around to see my older brother stand at the door hearing our conversation. I smile widely. If the future King joins my plans things will be even easier.

- The dragons need their lands back, Jin

- It sounds great in theory but...we are here. Are we supposed to just leave? Where?

- Not exactly. We should coexist. Well, the castle should be theirs definitely but...we should split the whole Kingdom once again. They must have their part and we must have ours. All of it peacefully, of course. We need the sky to be filled with dragons... without making the castle be burned with fire

- They wouldn't believe us if we tried. We never even apologized. And how the fuck do you apologize for 200 years of tyranny without them eating our heads off?

- Transition, Jin. An intermediate. A difference not too small, not too big, and everything will move on from there.

Curious, my brother sits with us to talk about it. I know it's very complex and even though I'm an idealist there's many things we should have into account. But with his help...we could make it work.

Next Chapter

I think we should get rid of Seokjin.

At least that way I'll stop hurting him...

------------------------------------------------------

Vmin Besties ✨ We all love Taehyung. Yes, absolutely! The three Omegas are like friendship goals hahaha

Next one it's an important one! It's gonna be a little longer because a lot happens! It's time for Yoongi to meet a Chimera...

Hope you're having a great night (or day)! Stay safe! Love u~

- Baby Y