Ch. Thirty Four

Pov. Namjoon

I read my favorite book one more time. It's what helps me relax the most. And right now, I really need it. My head won't stop thinking about Jin, currently known as my King. He didn't show up not even once this last few days. And I know I'll see him again soon during one of his meetings with the counsel. But it's not enough. I want to explain to him what happened. I want him to trust me again. But I'm not sure that's possible.

My room door opens and Hobi's heart shaped smile takes over my attention. He doesn't even need to ask for permission. He just walks in and sits in front of me waiting for me to serve a drink or something. And I do. Having some time with him might help me relax as well.

- So...Are you happy to finally be free? Or do you miss teaching my lovely brother?

- Actually...

- ...No way! You miss Jin?! I told you he was nice on the inside! So he didn't drive you crazy?

- Oh, he definitely did. He can be a pain in the ass. But...I don't know. I guess I just wanna fix things up

- Fix what exactly?

Shit. I wish I could talk my way out of the problem. But Hobi seems more than interested and honestly, I'm kinda tired of carrying this weight on my shoulders. My best friend listens to me in detail, never interrupting. By the time I'm done I find myself finally relaxed.

- I see...I can't believe Hwasa tried to kill Jin. She was always so nice with me!

- Everyone is nice with you, Hobi.

- True. Well, the dragons kind of backstabbed me...

- They weren't gonna tell you about something like this. They are dumb but not that much

- Right. So...back to the point...Jin doesn't trust you anymore and you...regret that?

- Of course I do! This wasn't part of my plan! I want him to be King! And I want to...well...

- Yes?

- You know...B-Be there for him. In case he needs anything! Not that...I...

- You like him, don't you?

As someone who could hide secrets from this family for years, I should be able to lie. But I can't. My stupid cheeks turn red just thinking about it.

- ...I don't think I can answer without feeling like an idiot

- Woooow this is soooo cool! I could be your brother in law! I need to see your wedding! Oh God, we could invite the whole Kingdom!

- Do you really think you brother would give me a chance? Because by the way he looked at me last time we spoke it doesn't look like it...

- You just gotta be honest, Namjoon. Jin can hate you easily. Specially after you helped Hwasa...but he can also forgive you if you honestly apologize

- I don't know. I don't think he wants to see me or hear me or-

My words get cut off when someone knocks on my door. Hobi is the first one to get up, and as soon as he sees who's on the other side, he sends me a smile. Jin walks in looking even more beautiful than ever. Probably because his mother wants him to wear clothes worthy of a King. For once I agree, I wish I could see him like this everyday.

- I'm gonna leave you two alone

- Oh, it's okay Hobi, you can stay!

- No, no...I think you should talk! Good luck~

That damn idiot. What the hell am I supposed to do now?! Should I talk first? Should I apologize? Or pretend like nothing happened? He sits by my side and I realize I can slightly smell his scent. Honey, so sweet it makes me want to get closer. But I have to control myself.